Highlights Cori Gauff vs. Naomi Osaka Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic – San Jose
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, Cori scored 68 points vs. Osaka’s 60.
The American served very well to win 85% of the points (28/33) behind her first serve. Notwithstanding she won only 46% points (11/24) on her second serve. The American won this match even if she was struggling when converting her break points since she converted only 25% (3/12) of the procured opportunities.
On the other side, Naomi was absolutely great in converting the only break point that she converted. However, that was not enough to win the match.
After this encounter, the head to head between Gauff and Osaka is 2-2.
Draw and next match H2H: Cori Gauff vs. Paula Badosa Gibert – stats
Gauff will play Badosa Gibert in the quarter.
The last time that they locked horns, Gauff won 6-2 6-3 in the 3rd round in Doha back in February 2022.
Live score progression and stats
Both players managed to hold their service games for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that Cori conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before eventually winning the set (6-4).
Gauff converted 50% of her break points (1/2). She had 2 break points opportunities in the 5th game (2-2 40-A and 40-A). On the other side, Cori didn’t concede a single break point during this set.
They played 61 points. The set was a huge battle since finally Gauff won just 3 more points than Naomi (32-29). Cori lost 7 points on serve (20-7). In addition, on the other side, Naomi conceded 12 points on serve (22-12).
Gauff won the set after she broke the Japanese in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 5th (4-1) game. Naomi tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 8th (5-3) game. Nonetheless, the American didn’t blink to win the set 6-4.
Cori missed the opportunity to break Osaka in the 7th game when she had 3 consecutive chances (0-40) in the 7th (40-0) and in the 9th (40-0) game.
It is worth noting that a pivotal stage of the set was when the American won 5 consecutive games in the 2nd set to convert the score from 0-1 to 5-1.
They contested 67 points. The American was the one to win the set after conquering 5 points more than the Japanese (36-31). Cori lost 11 points on serve (19-11). On the other side, Naomi conceded 17 points on serve (20-17).
Tennis Scores in San Jose
- Cori GauffGauff – Naomi OsakaOsaka (6-4 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Caroline DolehideDolehide (5-7 6-1 7-5) – Stats and score progression
- Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova – Claire LiuLiu (6-2 7-5) – Stats and score progression
- Shelby RogersRogers – Maria SakkariSakkari (6-1 6-3) – Stats and score progression
- Amanda AnisimovaAnisimova – Karolina PliskovaPliskova (3-6 7-5 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Madison KeysKeys (7-5 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert – Elizabeth MandlikMandlik (6-2 5-7 7-65) – Stats and score progression
- Daria KasatkinaKasatkina – Taylor TownsendTownsend (6-4 6-0) – Stats and score progression
- Shelby RogersRogers – Amanda AnisimovaAnisimova (2-0) – H2H details and stats
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (0-2) – H2H details and stats
- Darya KasatkinaKasatkina – Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka (1-3) – H2H details and stats
- Cori GauffGauff – Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert (1-1) – H2H details and stats