Anhelina Kalinina and Maria Mateas will clash against each other in the 2nd round of the W100 Midland for the 1st time in their career. In this post, we analyze their head to head performance and the prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Anhelina Kalinina that should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Anhelina Kalinina vs. Maria Mateas
There is no head to head record between Anhelina Kalinina and Maria Mateas since this will be the first time that they will square off in the main tour.
Ranked no. 159, Kalinina got to the 2nd round after defeating Valeria Savinykh 2-6 6-3 6-2.
In the 1st round against Savinykh, Anhelina recovered from a 1-set down deficit before winning (2-6 6-3 6-2). During the match Kalinina scored 109 points vs Savinykh’s 102. Kalinina was extremely aggressive to blast 33 winners.
Talking about serving, Kalinina scored just 1 ace during the entire match and she committed only 8 double faults. Anhelina Kalinina lost the serve 4 times and she saved 5 break points. Furthermore, Kalinina put 53% of her first serves in, winning 63% (33/52) of the points behind her 1st serve and 48% (22/46) on the 2nd serve. The Ukrainian broke Savinykh 5 times after converting 26% of her break points (5/19).
Kalinina has a winning record in the last 8 years having won 54% of her matches (25-29). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. Regarding her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Kalinina has a 37-41 record in the last 8 years on indoor hard courts.
The Ukrainian has a 2-3 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
The Ukrainian didn’t compete in the W100 Midland in 2019.
In the qualifications, The American defeated Sofia Sanchez (7-5 2-6 10-7).-86) than Sofia Sanchez. In fact, the world no. 159 won 86 points vs Sofia Sanchez’s. That means that Mateas was more focused during the important points. The American was extremely aggressive to blast 33 winners.
Talking about serving, Mateas blasted 2 aces and she committed only 8 double faults. Maria Mateas lost the serve 6 times and she saved 6 break points. Furthermore, Mateas put 62% of her first serves in, winning 52% (33/63) of the points behind her 1st serve and 44% (17/39) on the 2nd serve. The American broke Sofia Sanchez 5 times after converting 56% of her break points (5/9).
Overall Performance in this tournament
Mateas has conceded 1 set in the tournament to win 52% of the points she played.
Mateas has a fantastic record in the last 5 years having won 81% of her matches (13-3). 2-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. In connection with her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Mateas has a 7-11 record in the last 5 years on indoor hard courts.
The American has a 5-2 win-loss record in 2020, 2-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
The American didn’t play in the W100 Midland in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Kalinina played 1 match while Mateas competed in 2 matches. Mateas started her run from the qualifications while Kalinina had a direct access to the main draw. Both players lost a set in the event. Anhelina Kalinina conceded 1 set, while Maria Mateas dropper 1 set. Kalinina has played 2 sets less than Mateas (3 vs 5). Therefore, Kalinina played 22 games less than Mateas. The Ukrainian scored 33 winners (30% on total points). On the other side, Mateas blasted 49 winners (32%).
|Avg per match||1||1.5|
Kalinina blasted 1 ace . Mateas also blasted 3 aces (1.5 per match). Kalinina won 63% points behind her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 48% of the points. On the other side, Mateas won 59% points behind her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 43% of the points.
How they played the important points
Anhelina broke her opponent 5 times with 26% conversion rate. The Ukrainian conceded her serve 4 times and she saved 56% of the break points that she conceded. The American broke her opponents 11 times with 50% conversion rate. Maria conceded her serve 8 times and she saved 43% of the break points that she conceded.
|Score||2-6 6-3 6-2|
|% 1st in||53%||53%|
|% 1st pts||63%||63%|
|% 2nd pts||48%||48%|
|Score||6-4 6-1||7-5 2-6 10-7|
|% 1st in||49%||62%||58%|
|% 1st pts||80%||52%||59%|
|% 2nd pts||43%||44%||43%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in W100 Midland
- Caty McNallyMcNally – Alexa GlatchGlatch (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Shilin XuXu – Quinn GleasonGleason (6-0 6-3) – See score progression
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Grace MinMin (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Sara ErraniErrani (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Maria SanchezSanchez (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-64) – See score progression
- Seone MendezMendez – Sofia ShapatavaShapatava (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jovana JovicJovic (4-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Shelby RogersRogers – Kayla DayDay (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo – Marcela ZacariasZacarias (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Yanina WickmayerWickmayer – Elizabeth ColemanColeman (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Irina FalconiFalconi – Mayo HibiHibi (3-6 6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Jamie LoebLoeb – Mona BarthelBarthel (7-5 4-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Valeria SavinykhSavinykh (2-6 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-6(4)) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Shilin XuXu (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Shelby RogersRogers (0-0) – See H2H details
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Irina FalconiFalconi (1-1) – See H2H details
- Seone MendezMendez – Yanina WickmayerWickmayer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jamie LoebLoeb (0-1) – See H2H details
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo (0-1) – See H2H details
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Maria MateasMateas (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jessika PonchetPonchet – Caty McNallyMcNally (0-0) – See H2H details