Score, report, and key facts
Fett came out strong at the beginning of the set after breaking Zavatska in the 1st game (1-0). Nevertheless, there was more work to do for the Croatian to win the set because the Ukrainian succeeded in breaking back in the 4th (2-2), in the 6th (4-2) and in the 10th (5-5) game. Jana maintained her focus before winning the set at the breaker at 3.
The Croatian failed to serve out the set when leading 5-4 to be broken at 0.
Yet also Katarina won 4 consecutive games from 0-2 to 4-2
The Ukrainian in this set stepped up in great fashion to overplay Jana and therefore she won 6-2. Jana broke Zavatska 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (3-2) and in the 7th (5-2) game. However, the Ukrainian broke her opponent in the 4th (2-2) game, but that didn’t prevent her to win the set (6-2).
Jana was powerless in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-2 to 6-2).
Fett started the set in the best possible way after breaking Zavatska in the 2nd game (2-0). Anyhow, there was more work to do for Jana to win the set as Zavatska succeeded in breaking back in the 3rd (1-2) game. Jana kept her cool to break Zavatska in the 4th (3-1) and in the 6th (5-1) game before managing to win the set (6-1).
The Ukrainian was unable to find the solution in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
At the end of the match, Jana scored 108 points vs. the Ukrainian’s 105 points.
The Croatian won this match even if she was battling in converting her break points because she converted only 44% (7/16). On the other side, Katarina was sharp when converting 64% of the break points that she conquered points (7/11). Nevertheless, that was not enough to win the encounter.
After this contest, the head to head between Fett and Zavatska is 1-0 for Jana.
Next Match: Jana Fett vs. Rebecca Peterson – stats
Fett will compete against Peterson in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Jana Fett and Rebecca Peterson since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Nanchang
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Ankita RainaRaina (6-2 4-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Samantha StosurStosur – Arina RodionovaRodionova (7-66 6-3) – See score progression
- Xin Yu WangYu Wang – Xinyu GaoGao (5-7 6-0 7-5) – See score progression
- Nina StojanovicStojanovic – Yafan WangWang (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Jana FettFett – Katarina ZavatskaZavatska (7-63 2-6 6-1) – See score progression
- Shuai PengPeng – Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Lin ZhuZhu – Peangtarn PlipuechPlipuech (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Shuai ZhangZhang – Aleksandra KrunicKrunic (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Kristyna PliskovaPliskova – Stefanie VoegeleVoegele (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Dalila JakupovicJakupovic – Sara ErraniErrani (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Kateryna KozlovaKozlova – Greta ArnArn (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Rebecca PetersonPeterson – Fang Ying XunYing Xun (6-0 6-3) – See score progression
- Viktorija GolubicGolubic – Jaqueline CristianCristian (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Magda LinetteLinette – Giuliana OlmosOlmos (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Fangzhou LiuLiu – Anna DanilinaDanilina (6-3 2-6 7-5) – See score progression
- Lara ArruabarrenaArruabarrena – Monica NiculescuNiculescu (1-6 6-3 4-1 ret.) – See score progression
- Shuai ZhangZhang – Lin ZhuZhu (1-1) – See H2H details
- Shuai PengPeng – Kristyna PliskovaPliskova (1-1) – See H2H details
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Xin Yu WangYu Wang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Lara ArruabarrenaArruabarrena – Viktorija GolubicGolubic (0-0) – See H2H details
- Rebecca PetersonPeterson – Jana FettFett (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fangzhou LiuLiu – Magda LinetteLinette (0-1) – See H2H details
- Kateryna KozlovaKozlova – Dalila JakupovicJakupovic (0-1) – See H2H details
- Samantha StosurStosur – Nina StojanovicStojanovic (0-0) – See H2H details