Score, report, and key facts
Martic started off on the right foot in the set after breaking Paolini in the 1st game (1-0). Anyhow, the set was not over yet and there was more work to do for Martic to win the set because the Italian found the way to break back in the 2nd (1-1) and in the 8th (4-4) game. The Croatian maintained her focus to break Paolini in the 5th (3-2) and in the 11th (6-5) game before winning the set (7-5).
Martic had a strong start of this set after breaking Paolini in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating her break and lead 4-0. Petra improved her lead after breaking Jasmine in the 3rd (3-0) and in the 7th (6-1) game before winning the set.
A crucial moment of the match was when Petra won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
At the end of the match, Martic scored 65 points vs. Paolini’s 46 points.
Martic won this match even if she was far from perfect in converting her break points since she converted only 46% (6/13). On the other side, Jasmine was pretty focused in converting 50% of the break points that she procured points (2/4). However, that was not enough to win the encounter.
After this match, the head to head between Martic and Paolini is 1-0 for Petra.
Next Match: Petra Martic vs. Fiona Ferro – stats
Martic will come up against Ferro in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Petra Martic and Fiona Ferro since this will be the first time that they will play each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Zhengzhou
- Polona HercogHercog – Meiling WangWang (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic – Lesley KerkhoveKerkhove (6-2 6-0) – See score progression
- Alison RiskeRiske – Angelique KerberKerber (5-7 6-4 7-66) – See score progression
- Alize CornetCornet – Jia-Jing LuLu (7-61 6-1) – See score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Xiaodi YouYou (6-3 0-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Ying-Ying DuanDuan (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Fiona FerroFerro – Zhaoxuan YangYang (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Saisai ZhengZheng – Bibiane SchoofsSchoofs (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Sofia KeninKenin – Chloe PaquetPaquet (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Caroline GarciaGarcia – Tereza MartincovaMartincova (6-4 4-6 7-5) – See score progression
- Petra MarticMartic – Jasmine PaoliniPaolini (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva – Tamara ZidansekZidansek (6-1 5-7 6-1) – See score progression
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Polona HercogHercog (4-1) – See H2H details
- Alize CornetCornet – Sofia KeninKenin (1-1) – See H2H details
- Kiki BertensBertens – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (2-0) – See H2H details
- Saisai ZhengZheng – Alison RiskeRiske (2-4) – See H2H details
- Petra MarticMartic – Fiona FerroFerro (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Caroline GarciaGarcia – Kristina MladenovicMladenovic (1-1) – See H2H details
- Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva – Elina SvitolinaSvitolina (0-4) – See H2H details