Score, report, and key facts
Ugo clinched the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 5th (2-3) game, Ugo broke back in the 6th (3-3) and in the 8th (5-3) game before winning the set 6-3.
Benoit couldn’t stop the opposition in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-3 to 6-3).
Humbert had a head start at the beginning of the set to break Paire in the 1st game (1-0). However, Benoit managed to stage a good comeback to break Ugo in the 8th (4-4) and in the 12th (6-6) game before winning the set at the tiebreak at 2.
Paire won the set after he broke Humbert 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 9th (6-3) game. Humbert tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 8th (5-3) game. Nonetheless, Benoit maintained the focus before winning the set 6-3.
A crucial moment of the match was when the French Player won 5 consecutive games in the 3rd set to change the scoreline from 0-1 to 5-1.
At the end of the match, Benoit scored 104 points vs. the French Player’s 102 points.
Benoit served pretty well to win 76% of the points (34/45) behind his first serve. Yet he won only 42% points (22/53) on his second serve. Paire was pretty focused in converting 55% of the break points that he procured (6/11). On the other side, Ugo had some problems in converting his break points since he converted only 42% of his break points (5/12). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this match, the head to head between Paire and Humbert is 2-0 for Benoit.
Next Match: Benoit Paire vs. Pablo Carreno-Busta – stats
Paire will face Carreno-Busta in the quarter.
The last time that they fought against each other, Paire won 6-2 4-6 7-61 ret. in the 3rd round in Roland garros back in May 2019.
Tennis Scores in Salem Open
- Pablo Carreno-BustaPablo – Lorenzo SonegoLorenzo (7-67 6-0) – See score progression
- Steve JohnsonSteve – Casper RuudCasper (6-2 7-65) – See score progression
- Hubert HurkaczHubert – Feliciano LopezFeliciano (6-3 3-1 ret.) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovDenis – Miomir KecmanovicMiomir (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- John MillmanJohn – Robin HaaseRobin (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Benoit PaireBenoit – Ugo HumbertUgo (3-6 7-6(2) 6-3) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeFrances – Filip KrajinovicFilip (6-2 ret.) – See score progression