Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Nishioka conquered in the 11th game (6-5) before winning the set (7-5).
Similarly to the 1st set, there was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Nishioka conquered in the 7th game (4-3) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, the Japanese scored 62 points vs. Alex’s 58 points.
Yoshihito won this match even if he was not so effective in converting his break points as he converted only 40% (2/5). On the other side, Alex wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Nishioka and De Minaur is 2-0 for Yoshihito.
Next Match: Yoshihito Nishioka vs. David Goffin – stats
Nishioka will face Goffin in the quarter.
The last time that they locked horns, Nishioka won 6-75 6-2 7-65 in the 2nd round in Washington back in July 2019.
Tennis Scores in Cincinnati
- Richard GasquetRichard – Diego Sebastian SchwartzmanDiego (7-66 6-3) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaYoshihito – Alex De MinaurAlex (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Daniil MedvedevDaniil – Jan-Lennard StruffJan-Lennard (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- David GoffinDavid – Adrian MannarinoAdrian (7-6(6) 6-2) – See score progression
- Roger FedererRoger – Andrey RublevAndrey (0-0) – See H2H details
- Novak DjokovicNovak – Pablo Carreno-BustaPablo (2-0) – See H2H details
- Lucas PouilleLucas – Karen KhachanovKaren (1-2) – See H2H details
- Yoshihito NishiokaYoshihito – David GoffinDavid (1-1) – See H2H details
- Miomir KecmanovicMiomir – Roberto Bautista AgutRoberto (0-0) – See H2H details