Belinda Bencic and Taylor Townsend will face off in the 2nd round of the Guadalajara Open Akron for the 2nd time in their career. They are scheduled to play on Monday at 8:00 pm on ESTADIO AKRON DE TENIS. Here the head to head stats and relative prediction.
Prediction, odds and live streaming
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Belinda Bencic who should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded).
At the challenger level, there will be free live streaming on Challenger TV.
Prediction and head to head Belinda Bencic vs. Taylor Townsend
The last time that they competed against each other, Bencic won 6-2 7-5 in the 3rd round in Charleston back in 2019.
31 - 13win/loss
The Swiss has a composed 31-13 win-loss record in 2023, 24-10 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Her best result of the current season was winning the title in Adelaide where she beat Daria Kasatkina in the final 6-0 6-2 and in Abu Dhabi where she overcame Liudmila Samsonova in the final 1-6 7-6(8) 6-4.
Talking about her overall career, The Swiss has an overall 388-199 record. She has a positive 188-99 record on hard.
Previously in Guadalajara
Previously, her best result was reaching the 2nd round in 2022. See her history.
20 - 14win/loss
Ranked no. 101, Townsend got to the 2nd round after defeating Ajla Tomljanovic 7-63 6-4.
In the 1st round, Taylor had a good straight sets win against Tomljanovic (7-63 6-4). During the match Townsend scored 82 points vs Tomljanovic’s 73. Taylor was pretty aggressive to blast 35 winners.
Talking about serving, Townsend managed to score 5 aces and she committed only 1 double fault for the entire match. Taylor Townsend lost the serve twice and she saved 9 break points. Furthermore, Townsend put 66% of her first serves in, winning 70% (35/50) of the points behind her 1st serve and 50% (13/26) on the 2nd serve. The American broke Tomljanovic 3 times after converting 50% of her break points (3/6).
The American’s best result of the current year was getting to the final in the Florence.
The American has an overall 20-14 win-loss record in 2023, 6-8 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously in Guadalajara
The American has never competed in this tournament before.
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Guadalajara
- Enrique Lopez-PerezLopez-Perez – Tak Khunn WangKhunn Wang (6-4 6-1) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Ji Hoon SonHoon Son – Cheong-Eui KimKim (6-4 6-4) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Dragos DimaDima – Jung-Woong NaNa (6-2 6-3) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Ivan NedelkoNedelko – Vasile AntonescuAntonescu (6-4 6-2) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Nino SerdarusicSerdarusic – Davide GaloppiniGaloppini (6-3 6-2) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Nikita MashtakovMashtakov – Alessandro PetronePetrone (6-2 6-3) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Pavel NejedlyNejedly – Pascal BrunnerBrunner (6-1 7-64) – Stats, scores, rankings
Upcoming matches in the draw
- Beatriz Haddad MaiaHaddad Maia – Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Peyton StearnsStearns (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Maria Camila Osorio SerranoCamila Osorio Serrano – Magdalena FrechFrech (2-0) – H2H and prediction
- Emma NavarroNavarro – Maria MateasMateas (1-1) – H2H and prediction
- Sofia KeninKenin – Carol ZhaoZhao (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Marta KostyukKostyuk – Stacey FungFung (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Emiliana ArangoArango – Anastasia PotapovaPotapova (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Mayar SherifSherif – Camila GiorgiGiorgi (1-1) – H2H and prediction
- Storm SandersSanders – Iryna ShymanovichShymanovich (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Alycia ParksParks (2-0) – H2H and prediction
- Martina TrevisanTrevisan – Jasmine PaoliniPaolini (1-2) – H2H and prediction
- Leylah Annie FernandezAnnie Fernandez – Elise MertensMertens (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova – Eugenie BouchardBouchard (0-2) – H2H and prediction
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Hailey BaptisteBaptiste (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Aliaksandra SasnovichSasnovich – Caroline GarciaGarcia (0-5) – H2H and prediction
- Belinda BencicBencic – Taylor TownsendTownsend (1-0) – H2H and prediction