Karolina Pliskova and Hailey Baptiste will clash against each other in the 2nd round of the Guadalajara Open Akron for the 2nd time in their career. They are scheduled to play on Monday at 1:00 pm on ESTADIO AKRON DE TENIS. In the following paragraphs, you can find the head to head analysis and prediction.
Prediction, odds and live streaming
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Karolina Pliskova who should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded).
At the challenger level, there will be free live streaming on Challenger TV.
Prediction and head to head Karolina Pliskova vs. Hailey Baptiste
The last time that they played, Baptiste won 6-1 0-6 6-3 in the 1st round in Washington back in August 2023.
22 - 19win/loss
Ranked no. 36, Pliskova got to the 2nd round after defeating Ena Shibahara 7-5 6-2.
In the 1st round, Karolina had a good straight sets win against Shibahara (7-5 6-2). During the match, Pliskova scored 66 points vs Shibahara’s 55. Pliskova was pretty aggressive to blast 29 winners.
Talking about the service games, Pliskova made 7 aces and she committed only 3 double faults. Karolina Pliskova lost the serve once. Furthermore, Pliskova put 63% of her first serves in, winning 81% (29/36) of the points behind her 1st serve and 48% (10/21) on the 2nd serve. Karolina broke Shibahara 4 times after converting 44% of her break points (4/9).
Pliskova has a solid win-loss record in the last 10 years having won 66% of her matches (399-202). 19-12 on hard in 2023. Talking about her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Pliskova has an overall 244-116 win-loss record in the last years on hard.
Pliskova has a compiled 22-18 win-loss record in 2023, 19-12 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously in Guadalajara
33 - 26win/loss
Ranked no. 174, Hailey got to the 2nd round after beating Lya Fernandez 6-2 6-1.
In the 1st round, Hailey had a good straight sets win against Fernandez (6-2 6-1). During the match Baptiste scored 61 points vs Fernandez’s 34. Baptiste was pretty aggressive to blast 19 winners.
Talking about serving, Baptiste scored just 1 ace during the entire match and she committed only 4 double faults. Hailey Baptiste lost the serve twice. Furthermore, Baptiste put 51% of her first serves in, winning 79% (19/24) of the points behind her 1st serve and 48% (11/23) on the 2nd serve. The American broke Fernandez 6 times after converting 55% of her break points (6/11).
Her best result of the current year was winning the title the W60 Caserta where she defeated Raluca Georgiana Serban in the final 6-3 6-2.
Baptiste has a compiled 32-26 win-loss record in 2023, 13-11 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously in Guadalajara
The American has never competed in this tournament before.
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Pliskova and Baptiste played 1 match. Both players have not lost a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Pliskova and Baptiste have played the same amount of sets 2. However, Pliskova played 5 games more than Baptiste. Pliskova scored 29 winners (44% of the total points). On the other side, Hailey recorded 19 winners (31%).
|Avg per match||7||1|
Pliskova recorded 7 aces . Baptiste fired 1 ace . Pliskova won 81% points on her first serve. She quite strong on her second serve to win 48% of the points. On the other side, Baptiste won 79% of the points on her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 48% of the points.
How they played the important points
Karolina broke her opponent 4 times with a 44% conversion rate. Pliskova surrendered her serve once and she saved 0% of the break points that she conceded. Hailey broke her opponent 6 times with a 55% conversion rate. Baptiste conceded her serve twice and she saved 0% of the break points that she conceded.
|% 1st in||63%||63%|
|% 1st pts||81%||81%|
|% 2nd pts||48%||48%|
|% 1st in||51%||51%|
|% 1st pts||79%||79%|
|% 2nd pts||48%||48%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Guadalajara
- Enrique Lopez-PerezLopez-Perez – Tak Khunn WangKhunn Wang (6-4 6-1) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Ji Hoon SonHoon Son – Cheong-Eui KimKim (6-4 6-4) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Dragos DimaDima – Jung-Woong NaNa (6-2 6-3) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Ivan NedelkoNedelko – Vasile AntonescuAntonescu (6-4 6-2) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Nino SerdarusicSerdarusic – Davide GaloppiniGaloppini (6-3 6-2) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Nikita MashtakovMashtakov – Alessandro PetronePetrone (6-2 6-3) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Pavel NejedlyNejedly – Pascal BrunnerBrunner (6-1 7-64) – Stats, scores, rankings
Upcoming matches in the draw
- Beatriz Haddad MaiaHaddad Maia – Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Peyton StearnsStearns (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Maria Camila Osorio SerranoCamila Osorio Serrano – Magdalena FrechFrech (2-0) – H2H and prediction
- Emma NavarroNavarro – Maria MateasMateas (1-1) – H2H and prediction
- Sofia KeninKenin – Carol ZhaoZhao (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Marta KostyukKostyuk – Stacey FungFung (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Emiliana ArangoArango – Anastasia PotapovaPotapova (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Mayar SherifSherif – Camila GiorgiGiorgi (1-1) – H2H and prediction
- Storm SandersSanders – Iryna ShymanovichShymanovich (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Alycia ParksParks (2-0) – H2H and prediction
- Martina TrevisanTrevisan – Jasmine PaoliniPaolini (1-2) – H2H and prediction
- Leylah Annie FernandezAnnie Fernandez – Elise MertensMertens (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova – Eugenie BouchardBouchard (0-2) – H2H and prediction
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Hailey BaptisteBaptiste (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Aliaksandra SasnovichSasnovich – Caroline GarciaGarcia (0-5) – H2H and prediction
- Belinda BencicBencic – Taylor TownsendTownsend (1-0) – H2H and prediction