Maria Sakkari prevails over Petra Kvitova 4-6 7-5 6-1 in the quarter in Indian Wells on Wednesday. Sakkari will play against Aryna Sabalenka in the semifinal. The battle lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes. Her best achievement in this tournament was reaching the final in 2022. Here you can see her history at this event.
Sakkari added to her prize money $ 168,170 after winning this match. She has already won $ 352,635 so far in this tournament. If she wins the next match, Maria will add $ 309,725 to her earnings to get in total $ 662,360.
Highlights Maria Sakkari vs. Petra Kvitova BNP Paribas Open – Indian Wells
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, Sakkari scored 90 points vs. Kvitova’s 88.
The Greek was sharp when converting 56% of the break points that she conquered (5/9).
On the other side, the Czech was not so effective in converting her break points (only 33% – 3/9). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Sakkari and Kvitova is 5-3 for Maria.
Draw and next match H2H: Maria Sakkari vs. Aryna Sabalenka – stats
Sakkari will come up against Sabalenka in the semifinal.
This will be the 8th time that Maria Sakkari and Aryna Sabalenka square off. The head to head is 4-3 for Sabalenka (see full H2H stats), 4-3 on hard.
The last time that they played, Sakkari won 6-2 6-4 in the R in Fort Worth back in 2022.
Live score progression and stats
Tennis Scores in Indian Wells
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Cori GauffGauff (6-4 6-0) – Stats and score progression
- Maria SakkariSakkari – Petra KvitovaKvitova (4-6 7-5 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Iga SwiatekSwiatek – Sorana CirsteaCirstea (1-0) – H2H details and stats
- Karolina MuchovaMuchova – Elena RybakinaRybakina (1-0) – H2H details and stats
- Maria SakkariSakkari – Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka (3-4) – H2H details and stats