Donna Vekic dispatches Linda Fruhvirtova 6-2 1-6 6-3 in the 4th round in Melbourne on Monday. Vekic will face off with Aryna Sabalenka in the quarter. The match lasted 2 hours and 7 minutes. This will be her best achievement in this event. In the past, the best she could do in the past was reaching the 4th round in 2021. Here you can see her history at this event.
The Croatian added to her prize money $ 217,000 after winning this match. She has won already $ 555,250 after this win. If she wins the next match, the Croatian will add $ 369,750 to her earnings to get in total $ 925,000 in total.
Highlights Donna Vekic vs. Linda Fruhvirtova Australian Open – Melbourne
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, the Croatian scored 80 points vs. Linda’s 77.
The Croatian was pretty effective at converting 83% of the break points that she conquered (5/6).
On the other side, Fruhvirtova was struggling to find the solution in converting her break points (only 40% – 4/10). That was one of the key issues for her demise.
After this match, the head to head between Vekic and Fruhvirtova is 1-0 for Donna.
Draw and next match H2H: Donna Vekic vs. Aryna Sabalenka – stats
Vekic will play Sabalenka in the quarter.
The last time that they played, Vekic won 6-4 6-75 6-1 in the quarter in San Diego back in 2022.
Live score progression and stats
Vekic had a racing start in this set after breaking Linda Fruhvirtova in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Notwithstanding, there was more to do for the Croatian to win the set as Fruhvirtova found the way to break back in the 4th (1-3) game. Vekic kept her cool to break Fruhvirtova in the 5th (4-1) game before conquering the set (6-2).
The Croatian dropped 14 points on serve (21-14). On the other side, Fruhvirtova conceded 13 points on serve (10-13).
The Czech was too good to concede barely 1 game before breaking Donna 2 times and win the set 6-1.
Donna was completely wiped out in the last 5 games of the set when the game count went from 1-1 to 6-1.
They contested 43 points. The Czech won 13 more points than the Croatian (28-15). Fruhvirtova conceded 5 points on serve (16-5). on the other side of the court, Donna conceded 12 points on serve (10-12).
Vekic won the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping her serve in the 3rd (1-2) game, Vekic broke back in the 4th (2-2) and in the 8th (5-3) game to conquer the set 6-3.
Donna was exemplary in converting all her break points in the 4th (1-2 15-40) and the 8th game (4-3 30-40). On the other side, the Czech was clinical in converting the only break point that she conquered in the 3rd game (1-1 30-40).
They contested 56 points. Donna conquered the set after winning 6 points more than Fruhvirtova (31-25). The Croatian lost 14 points on serve (20-14). Regarding the other side of the net, the Czech conceded 11 points on serve (11-11).
Tennis Scores at the Australian Open
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Shuai ZhangZhang (6-0 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Belinda BencicBencic (7-5 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Magda LinetteLinette – Caroline GarciaGarcia (7-63 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Donna VekicVekic – Linda FruhvirtovaFruhvirtova (6-2 1-6 6-3) – Stats and score progression
- Jessica PegulaPegula – Barbora KrejcikovaKrejcikova (7-5 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Iga SwiatekSwiatek (6-4 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Cori GauffGauff (7-5 6-3) – Stats and score progression
- Victoria AzarenkaAzarenka – Lin ZhuZhu (4-6 6-1 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko (0-2) – H2H details and stats
- Jessica PegulaPegula – Victoria AzarenkaAzarenka (2-2) – H2H details and stats
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Magda LinetteLinette (4-1) – H2H details and stats
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Donna VekicVekic (1-4) – H2H details and stats