Cori Gauff breezes past Bernarda Pera 6-3 6-2 in the 3rd round in Melbourne on Friday in what was an all-American match after playing an impressive match to play Jelena Ostapenko in the 4th round. The match lasted 1 hour and 34 minutes. This run will match her best result in this event. Here you can see her history at this event.
Gauff added to her prize money $ 110,325 after conquering this match. She has won already $ 338,250 after this win. If she wins the next match, Gauff will add $ 217,000 to her earnings to get in total $ 555,250 in total.
Highlights Cori Gauff vs. Bernarda Pera Australian Open – Melbourne
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, Coco scored 83 points vs. Pera’s 67.
Gauff won this match even if she wasn’t that great in converting her break points after she converted only 25% (4/16) of the procured opportunities.
On the other side, Pera had a tough time converting her break points (only 20% – 1/5). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Gauff and Pera is 1-0 for Coco.
Draw and next match H2H: Cori Gauff vs. Jelena Ostapenko – stats
Gauff will fight against Ostapenko in the 4th round.
This will be the 2nd time that Cori Gauff and Jelena Ostapenko fight against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Gauff (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on hard.
The last time that they fought against each other, Gauff won 6-3 1-6 6-2 in the final in Linz back in 2019.
Live score progression and stats
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Coco conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before ultimately winning the set (6-3).
They contested 74 points. Gauff was the one to win the set after conquering 6 more points than Pera (40-34). Coco lost 11 points on serve (17-11). In addition, on the other side, Bernarda conceded 23 points on serve (23-23).
Gauff was too strong for Bernarda and without many problems she won 6-2. Bernarda broke Gauff 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (5-2) game. However, Coco broke her opponent in the 6th (4-2) game, but that didn’t stop her to conquer the set (6-2).
There was a pivotal moment in this set when Coco won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to convert the scoreline from 0-1 to 4-1.
They contested 69 points. Coco won 7 points more than Bernarda (38-31). Gauff dropped 19 points on serve (19-19). On the losing side, Bernarda conceded 19 points on serve (12-19).
Tennis Scores at the Australian Open
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins (6-2 5-7 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Victoria AzarenkaAzarenka – Madison KeysKeys (1-6 6-2 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Lin ZhuZhu – Maria SakkariSakkari (7-63 1-6 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Kateryna BaindlBaindl (6-3 6-0) – Stats and score progression
- Cori GauffGauff – Bernarda PeraPera (6-3 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Barbora KrejcikovaKrejcikova – Anhelina KalininaKalinina (6-2 6-3) – Stats and score progression
- Iga SwiatekSwiatek – Cristina BucsaBucsa (6-0 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Jessica PegulaPegula – Marta KostyukKostyuk (6-0 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Varvara GrachevaGracheva – Karolina PliskovaPliskova (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Shuai ZhangZhang – Katie VolynetsVolynets (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Magda LinetteLinette – Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova (1-1) – H2H details and stats
- Laura SiegemundSiegemund – Caroline GarciaGarcia (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Elise MertensMertens (6-2) – H2H details and stats
- Camila GiorgiGiorgi – Belinda BencicBencic (2-3) – H2H details and stats
- Nuria Parrizas-DiazParrizas-Diaz – Donna VekicVekic (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Iga SwiatekSwiatek – Elena RybakinaRybakina (1-0) – H2H details and stats
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Cori GauffGauff (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Jessica PegulaPegula – Barbora KrejcikovaKrejcikova (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Victoria AzarenkaAzarenka – Lin ZhuZhu (0-0) – H2H details and stats