Rafael Nadal has just started his tour in Latin America with his dear friend Casper Ruud. The local fans will have the opportunity to see the King of Clay in action firsthand. Rafa’s logo will be everywhere. There are no initials or other significant references to Nadal’s name in the logo. However, it is a clear allusion to the name “raging bull.”
The previous logos
As pointed out by a tennis fan on Twitter, Nadal used to have 2 other personal logos before choosing the current one. One used to have just the image of a bull. The second logo was much similar to the current one.
•Fun fact of the day: Did you know that Rafael Nadal had 2 personal logos before the current one that you see today? Here are the 2 that didn’t make the cut. I personally love the 2nd iteration and would love to see it on some of his gear as a throwback. #NikeCourt #Tennis pic.twitter.com/wTtA1pnAI6
— DimiChard (@Dimichard_) November 16, 2022
Nadal in Latin America
Rafa will start his tour in Latin America on the 23rd of November in Buenos Aires. The Spanish sensation will also play doubles with local tennis legend Gabriela Sabatini. All the other parts of the net, Casper Ruud will partner with Gisela Dulko.
This is their itinerary for the next few days.
- Wednesday, November 23: Roca Park Arena, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Friday, November 25: Estadio San Carlos de Apoquindo, Santiago, Chile
- Saturday, November 26: Ginásio do Mineirinho, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Sunday, November 27: General Rumiñahui Coliseum, Quito, Ecuador
- Tuesday, November 29: Coliseo Live, Bogota, Colombia
- Thursday, December 1: Plaza de Toros, Mexico City, Mexico
Rafael Nadal in 2022
This year Rafael has an overall 39-8 match record. Nadal has won 4 titles in 2022 in Melbourne, Australian Open, Acapulco and French Open. Rafael was the runner-up in Indian Wells.