Casper Ruud outlasts Taylor Fritz 6-3 4-6 7-6(6) in the Round Robin at the Nitto ATP Finals on Tuesday after conquering a huge battle. Ruud will face Rafael Nadal in the Round Robin. The match lasted 1 hour and 51 minutes. His best achievement in this competition was reaching the semifinal in 2021. Here you can see his history at this event.
Highlights Casper Ruud vs. Taylor Fritz Nitto ATP Finals – Turin
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
After this contest, the head to head between Ruud and Fritz is 1-0 for Casper.
Draw and next match H2H: Casper Ruud vs. Rafael Nadal – stats
Ruud will square off with Nadal in the Round Robin.
This will be the 2nd time that Casper Ruud and Rafael Nadal fight against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Nadal (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they played, Nadal won 6-3 6-3 6-0 in the final in Paris back in June 2022.
Live score progression and stats
Ruud was quite dominant at the beginning of the set to break Taylor Fritz in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. That break was enough for Ruud to win the set (6-3) as there were no other breaks.
They contested 47 points. Casper was the winner of the set after clinching 9 more points than Taylor (28-19). Ruud lost 6 points on serve (20-6). On the other side, the American conceded 8 points on serve (13-8).
There was not much difference between the 2 players in this set with the exception of 1 break that Fritz conquered in the 10th game (6-4).
The American was flawless in converting all his break points in the 2nd (1-0 15-40, 30-40 and 40-A) and the 10th game (5-4 40-A). On the other side, the American didn’t concede a single break point during this set.
They played 57 points. Taylor was the winner of the set after clinching 5 more points than Casper (31-26). Taylor was extremely solid on serve to drop just 4 points (20-4). on the other side of the court, the Norwegian conceded 11 points on serve (22-11).
Both players were too good on serve during this set and the fight went to the breaker. Eventually, the Norwegian won a thrilling breaker 8-6 after a huge fight with 14 points played.
Ruud won 4 minibreaks in the 1st (1-0), 5th (4-1), 13th (7-6) and 14th (8-6) point. On the other side, the American won 2 minibreaks in the 7th (2-5) and 11th (5-6) point.
This was the tiebreak sequence: 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6, 7-6, 8-6
The Norwegian was unable to convert any of the 2 conquered break points. He had 2 break points opportunities in the 5th game (2-2 40-A and 40-A). On the other side, Casper didn’t concede a single break point during this set.
They played 78 points. The Norwegian was the winner of the set after clinching 6 more points than Fritz (42-36). Ruud conceded 5 points on serve (28-5). on the other side of the net, Taylor conceded 14 points on serve (31-14).
Tennis Scores in Nitto ATP Finals
- Felix Auger-AliassimeAuger-Aliassime – Rafael NadalNadal (6-3 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Casper RuudRuud – Taylor FritzFritz (6-3 4-6 7-66) – Stats and score progression
- Andrey RublevRublev – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (6-77 6-3 7-67) – Stats and score progression
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (6-4 7-64) – Stats and score progression
- Taylor FritzFritz – Rafael NadalNadal (7-63 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Rafael NadalNadal – Casper RuudRuud (1-0) – H2H details and stats
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Novak DjokovicDjokovic (4-7) – H2H details and stats
- Andrey RublevRublev – Novak DjokovicDjokovic (1-1) – H2H details and stats
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (3-7) – H2H details and stats
- Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (0-1) – H2H details and stats