Highlights Sebastian Korda vs. Hugo Gaston Moselle Open – Metz
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, the American scored 83 points vs. Hugo’s 66.
Korda won this match even if he was battling in converting his break points after he converted only 33% (2/6) of the procured opportunities.
On the other side, the French player had some problems converting his break points (only 25% – 1/4). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this contest, the head to head between Korda and Gaston is 2-0 for Sebastian.
Draw and next match H2H: Sebastian Korda vs. Lorenzo Musetti – stats
Korda will take on Musetti in the 2nd round.
The last time that they squared off, Musetti won 6-4 6-3 in the 2nd round in Madrid back in May 2022.
Live score progression and stats
Korda had a running start at the beginning of the set after breaking Hugo Gaston in the 2nd game (2-0). Notwithstanding, there was more to do for the American to win the set because the French player found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2) game. The American maintained his focus to break Hugo in the 8th (5-3) game before winning the set (6-3).
The American was unerring in converting all his break points in the 2nd (1-0 30-40) and the 8th game (4-3 30-40). On the other side, Gaston was clinical in converting the only break point that he conquered in the 3rd game (0-2 30-40).
They played 57 points. Korda conquered the set after winning 9 more points than Hugo (33-24). The American lost 11 points on serve (20-11). On the losing side, Hugo conceded 13 points on serve (13-13).
Nothing could divide these 2 players in this set and therefore the pair went to fight for it in the breaker. the American had no problems to win the tiebreak 7-2.
The American won 4 minibreaks in the 1st (1-0), 5th (4-1), 8th (6-2) and 9th (7-2) point. On the other side, Hugo won a minibreak in the 7th (2-5) point.
The American won the tiebreak 7-2 after he conquered a decisive 3-1 lead.
This was the tiebreak sequence: 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 6-2, 7-2
Sebastian was unable to convert any of the 4 conquered break points. He had 4 break points opportunities in the 5th (2-2 30-40 and 40-A) and the 11th game (5-5 15-40 and 30-40). Moreover, on the other side, Hugo was unable to convert any of his 3 break points. He had 3 break points opportunities in the 8th (4-3 30-40) and the 12th game (6-5 30-40 and 40-A).
They played 91 points. Korda was the winner of the set after clinching 9 more points than Hugo (50-41). Sebastian conceded 11 points on serve (30-11). on the other side of the net, Hugo conceded 20 points on serve (30-20).
Tennis Scores in Metz
- Lorenzo SonegoSonego – Aslan KaratsevKaratsev (7-5 6-3) – Stats and score progression
- Sebastian KordaKorda – Hugo GastonGaston (6-3 7-62) – Stats and score progression
- Richard GasquetGasquet – Dominic ThiemThiem (2-1) – H2H details and stats
- Stan WawrinkaWawrinka – Joao SousaSousa (3-0) – H2H details and stats
- Gilles SimonSimon – David GoffinGoffin (2-3) – H2H details and stats
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Zizou BergsBergs (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Oscar OtteOtte (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar – Arthur RinderknechRinderknech (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Mikael YmerYmer – Adrian MannarinoMannarino (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Emil RuusuvuoriRuusuvuori – Jiri LeheckaLehecka (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Evan FurnessFurness – Alexander BublikBublik (0-0) – H2H details and stats
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Benjamin BonziBonzi (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Sebastian KordaKorda – Lorenzo MusettiMusetti (1-2) – H2H details and stats