Daniil Medvedev defeats Aslan Karatsev 4-6 6-3 6-2 in the 2nd round in Mallorca on Wednesday in what was an all-Russian affair. Medvedev will seek to keep on going in this event against Roberto Bautista Agut in the quarter. The battle lasted 2 hours and 18 minutes. Daniil won this tournament once in 2021. Here you can see his history at this event.
Medvedev added to his prize money € 11,235 after winning this match. He has won already € 26,795 after this win. If he wins the next match, Daniil will add € 19,445 to his earnings to get in total € 46,240 in total.
Highlights Daniil Medvedev vs. Aslan Karatsev Mallorca Championships – Mallorca
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, Medvedev scored 95 points vs. Aslan’s 85.
Daniil served extremely well to win 79% of the points (45/57) behind his first serve. However he won only 42% points (15/36) on his second serve. Daniil struck 10 aces and he committed 5 double faults. Daniil won this match even if he was not so effective in converting his break points after he converted only 43% (3/7) of the procured opportunities.
On the other side, Karatsev was struggling when converting his break points (only 33% – 1/3). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this encounter, the head to head between Medvedev and Karatsev is 1-3 for Aslan.
Draw and next match H2H: Daniil Medvedev vs. Roberto Bautista Agut – stats
Medvedev will fight against Bautista Agut in the quarter.
This will be the 5th time that Daniil Medvedev and Roberto Bautista Agut fight against each other. The head to head is 3-1 for Bautista Agut (see full H2H stats), but Medvedev has a winning record of 1-0 on grass.
The last time that they competed against each other, Medvedev won 6-2 6-4 in the quarter in Halle back in June 2022.
Live score progression and stats
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Karatsev clinched in the 5th game (3-2) prior to finally winning the set (6-4).
Aslan was exemplary in converting all his break points in the 5th (2-2 40-A) and the 9th game (5-3 15-40 and 30-40). Moreover, on the other side, Daniil was perfect in converting all his break points in the 6th game (2-3 15-40, 30-40, 40-A and 40-A).
They contested 73 points. Aslan conquered the set after winning 5 points more than Daniil (39-34). Karatsev dropped 14 points on serve (26-14). On the other side, Medvedev conceded 13 points on serve (20-13).
Similarly to the 1st set, the set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition on serve. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Medvedev grabbed in the 8th game (5-3) prior to eventually conquering the set (6-3).
Daniil was clinical in converting the only break point that he conquered in the 8th game (4-3 30-40). On the other side, Daniil didn’t concede a single break point during this set.
They contested 59 points. Daniil was the one to win the set after conquering 5 more points than Aslan (32-27). Medvedev lost 12 points on serve (22-12). In addition, on the other side, Aslan conceded 10 points on serve (15-10).
Medvedev got off on the right foot in the set after breaking Aslan Karatsev in the 1st game (1-0). Daniil improved his lead after breaking Aslan in the 5th (4-1) game before winning the set (6-2).
They contested 48 points. Medvedev conquered the set after winning 12 points more than Aslan (30-18). Daniil surrendered 7 points on serve (19-7). On the losing side, Karatsev conceded 11 points on serve (11-11).
Tennis Scores in Mallorca
- Marcos GironGiron – Mackenzie McdonaldMcdonald (4-6 7-65 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Aslan KaratsevKaratsev (4-6 6-3 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Tallon GriekspoorGriekspoor – Alex MolcanMolcan (0-6 6-3 7-63) – Stats and score progression
- Daniel AltmaierAltmaier – Sebastian BaezBaez (6-2 2-6 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Ilya IvashkaIvashka (6-4 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut – Nick KyrgiosKyrgios (w/o) – Stats and score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Denis ShapovalovShapovalov (6-4 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Antoine BellierBellier – Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta (6-3 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Marcos GironGiron – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (0-2) – H2H details and stats
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (1-3) – H2H details and stats
- Daniel AltmaierAltmaier – Benjamin BonziBonzi (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Antoine BellierBellier – Tallon GriekspoorGriekspoor (0-0) – H2H details and stats