Antoine Bellier upsets Pablo Carreno-Busta 6-3 6-4 in the 2nd round in Mallorca on Wednesday. Bellier is going to play against Tallon Griekspoor in the quarter. The match lasted 1 hour and 24 minutes.
Bellier added to his prize money € 11,235 after winning this match. He has won already € 26,795 after this win. If he wins the next match, Antoine will add € 19,445 to his earnings to get in total € 46,240 in total.
Highlights Antoine Bellier vs. Pablo Carreno-Busta Mallorca Championships – Mallorca
Stats: aces, double faults, breaks, winners
At the end of the match, Bellier scored 69 points vs. Pablo’s 62.
Antoine served very well to win 80% of the points (45/56) behind his first serve. Nonetheless he won only 31% points (9/29) on his second serve. The Swiss blasted 10 aces and he committed 7 double faults. Bellier was exceptional in converting all the break points (2/2).
On the other side, the Spaniard wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/14). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Bellier and Carreno-Busta is 1-0 for Antoine.
Draw and next match H2H: Antoine Bellier vs. Tallon Griekspoor – stats
Bellier will play Griekspoor in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Antoine Bellier and Tallon Griekspoor since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other in the main tour.
Live score progression and stats
There was not much difference between the 2 players in this set with the exception of 1 break that the Swiss clinched in the 6th game (4-2) before eventually winning the set (6-3).
The Swiss was clinical in converting the only break point that he conquered in the 6th game (3-2 30-40). On the other side, Carreno-Busta was unable to convert any of his 5 break points. He had 5 break points opportunities in the 3rd (1-1 0-40, 15-40, 30-40 and 40-A) and the 7th game (2-4 30-40).
They played 57 points. Antoine conquered the set after winning 5 more points than Pablo (31-26). The Swiss surrendered 12 points on serve (24-12). On the losing side, the Spaniard conceded 7 points on serve (14-7).
Similarly to the 1st set, the set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition on serve. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Bellier conquered in the 9th game (5-4) prior to eventually conquering the set (6-4).
Antoine was clinical in converting the only break point that he conquered in the 9th game (4-4 15-40). On the other side, Pablo was unable to convert any of his 9 break points. He had 9 break points opportunities in the 4th (2-1 40-A, 40-A and 40-A), the 8th (4-3 15-40, 30-40 and 40-A) and the 10th game (4-5 30-40, 40-A and 40-A).
They contested 74 points. The set was a huge battle since finally Antoine won just 2 more points than the Spaniard (38-36). The Swiss surrendered 19 points on serve (30-19). On the losing side, Carreno-Busta conceded 8 points on serve (17-8).
Tennis Scores in Mallorca
- Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut – Nick KyrgiosKyrgios (w/o) – Stats and score progression
- Daniel AltmaierAltmaier – Sebastian BaezBaez (6-2 2-6 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Ilya IvashkaIvashka (6-4 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Tallon GriekspoorGriekspoor – Alex MolcanMolcan (0-6 6-3 7-63) – Stats and score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Denis ShapovalovShapovalov (6-4 6-1) – Stats and score progression
- Antoine BellierBellier – Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta (6-3 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Marcos GironGiron – Mackenzie McdonaldMcdonald (4-6 7-65 6-4) – Stats and score progression
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Aslan KaratsevKaratsev (4-6 6-3 6-2) – Stats and score progression
- Marcos GironGiron – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (0-2) – H2H details and stats
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (1-3) – H2H details and stats
- Daniel AltmaierAltmaier – Benjamin BonziBonzi (0-1) – H2H details and stats
- Antoine BellierBellier – Tallon GriekspoorGriekspoor (0-0) – H2H details and stats