Stefanos Tsitsipas and Carlos Alcaraz will not have to be worried about being warned for coaching from July the 11th. The ATP announced that ‘off-court’ coaching will be trialed for the second half of the season.
These will be the rules:
Off-court coaching will be permitted under the
• Coaches must sit in the tournament’s designated coach seats
• Coaching (verbal and non-verbal) is allowed only if it does not interrupt play or create any hindrance to the opponent
• Verbal coaching is permitted only when the player is at the same end of the court
• Non-verbal coaching (hand signals) is permitted at anytime
• Verbal coaching may consist of a few words and/or short phrases (no conversations are permitted)
• Coaches may not speak to their player when the player leaves the court for any reason
• Penalties and fines will still apply for abuse or misuse of the above coaching conditions
Stefanos Tsitsipas in 2022
Presently, during this year Stefanos achieved a compiled 36-13 record. This year, Stefanos clinched 1 title in Monte-Carlo. The Greek got to the final in Rotterdam and in Rome.
Carlos Alcaraz in 2022
At present, during this year the Spaniard achieved a 32-4 record. Alcaraz clinched 4 titles in 2022 in Rio de Janeiro, in Miami, in Barcelona and in Madrid.
Stefanos Tsitsipas and Carlos Alcaraz played each other 3 times. Their head to head is 3-0 for Alcaraz. Before, the last time they locked horns, Carlos Alcaraz won 6-4 5-7 6-2 in the quarter in Barcelona (Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell) on the 22nd of April 2022.
You can watch the highlights in the following video.
|Embed from Getty Images|