Anett Kontaveit and Marketa Vondrousova will clash against each other in the 3rd round of the BNP Paribas Open for the 4th time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Monday at 1:30 pm on STADIUM 2. Here the head to head stats and relative prediction.
Prediction, odds and live streaming
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Anett Kontaveit who should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded).
At the challenger level, there will be free live streaming on Challenger TV.
Prediction and head to head Anett Kontaveit vs. Marketa Vondrousova
The last time that they squared off, Kontaveit won 6-3 6-4 in the semifinal in Moscow back in 2021.
14 - 3win/loss
Ranked no. 5 (career-high), the Estonian got to the 3rd round after beating Kristina Kucova 6-4 6-1.
In the 2nd round, Kontaveit had a good straight sets win against Kucova (6-4 6-1). During the match, Kontaveit scored 61 points vs Kucova’s 36. The Estonian was exceptionally aggressive to blast 27 winners.
Talking about the service games, Kontaveit made 5 aces and she committed only 5 double faults. Anett Kontaveit lost the serve twice and she saved 2 break points. Furthermore, Kontaveit put 66% of her first serves in, winning 77% (27/35) of the points behind her 1st serve and 39% (7/18) on the 2nd serve. The Estonian broke Kucova 5 times after converting 63% of her break points (5/8).
Kontaveit has a solid win-loss record in the last 10 years having won 67% of her matches (340-166). 9-3 on hard in 2022. Regarding her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Kontaveit has an aggregate 151-89 record in the last years on hard.
Her best result of the current season was winning the title in in St. Petersburg where she overcame Maria Sakkari in the final 5-7 7-6(4) 7-5.
The Estonian has an overall 14-3 win-loss record in 2022, 9-3 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously in Indian Wells
10 - 3win/loss
Ranked no. 33, Vondrousova got to the 3rd round after defeating Magdalena Frech 6-1 6-3.
In the 2nd round, Vondrousova had a good straight sets win against Frech (6-1 6-3). During the match Vondrousova scored 58 points vs Frech’s 39. The Czech was extremely aggressive to blast 16 winners.
Talking about serving, Vondrousova scored just 1 ace during the entire match and she committed only 5 double faults. Marketa Vondrousova lost the serve twice and she saved 3 break points. Furthermore, Vondrousova put 53% of her first serves in, winning 64% (16/25) of the points behind her 1st serve and 59% (13/22) on the 2nd serve. The Czech was clinical in her return game without wasting any break point and break Frech 6 times.
Vondrousova’s best result of the year was reaching the semifinal in Dubai.
Marketa has a composed 10-3 win-loss record in 2022, 10-2 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously in Indian Wells
Previously, her best result was reaching the quarter in 2019. See her history.
H2H Performance in the tournament (main draw)
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Kontaveit and Vondrousova played 1 match. Both players have not dropped a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Kontaveit and Vondrousova have played the same amount of sets 2. However, Kontaveit played 1 game more than Vondrousova. Anett scored 27 winners (44% of the total points). On the other side, Vondrousova blasted 16 winners (28%).
|Avg per match||5||1|
Kontaveit bagged 5 aces . Vondrousova blasted 1 ace . Kontaveit won 77% points on her first serve. She pretty solid on her second serve to win 39% of the points. On the other side, Vondrousova won 64% of the points behind her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 59% of the points.
How they played the important points
The Estonian broke her opponent 5 times with a 63% conversion rate. The Estonian surrendered her serve twice and she saved 50% of the break points that she conceded. Vondrousova broke her opponent 6 times with a 100% conversion rate. Marketa conceded her serve twice and she saved 60% of the break points that she conceded.
|% 1st in||66%||66%|
|% 1st pts||77%||77%|
|% 2nd pts||39%||39%|
|% 1st in||53%||53%|
|% 1st pts||64%||64%|
|% 2nd pts||59%||59%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Indian Wells
- Petra MarticMartic – Emma RaducanuRaducanu (6-73 6-4 7-5) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Liudmila SamsonovaSamsonova – Danka KovinicKovinic (6-4 7-64) – Stats, scores, rankings
Upcoming matches in the draw
- Anna KalinskayaKalinskaya – Sorana CirsteaCirstea (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Simona HalepHalep – Cori GauffGauff (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Iga SwiatekSwiatek – Clara TausonTauson (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Darya KasatkinaKasatkina – Angelique KerberKerber (4-5) – H2H and prediction
- Harriet DartDart – Kaia KanepiKanepi (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Madison KeysKeys – Alison RiskeRiske (6-1) – H2H and prediction
- Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert – Sara Sorribes TormoSorribes Tormo (3-2) – H2H and prediction
- Leylah Annie FernandezAnnie Fernandez – Shelby RogersRogers (0-2) – H2H and prediction
- Marie BouzkovaBouzkova – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (2-1) – H2H and prediction
- Marketa VondrousovaVondrousova – Anett KontaveitKontaveit (2-1) – H2H and prediction
- Maria SakkariSakkari – Petra KvitovaKvitova (3-3) – H2H and prediction
- Elise MertensMertens – Daria GavrilovaGavrilova (3-1) – H2H and prediction
- Victoria AzarenkaAzarenka – Elena RybakinaRybakina (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Viktorija GolubicGolubic – Jasmine PaoliniPaolini (2-0) – H2H and prediction
- Petra MarticMartic – Ludmilla SamsonovaSamsonova (3-0) – H2H and prediction