Daniil Medvedev and Botic Van De Zandschulp will face off in the 3rd round of the Australian Open for the 2nd time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Saturday at 2:00 pm on Margaret Court Arena. In the following lines you can find the head to head analysis and prediction.
Prediction, odds and live streaming
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Daniil Medvedev who should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded).
At the challenger level, there will be free live streaming on Challenger TV.
Prediction and head to head Daniil Medvedev vs. Botic Van De Zandschulp
The last time that they played, Medvedev won 6-3 6-0 4-6 7-5 in the quarter in at the U.S. Open back in 2021.
Highlights Daniil Medvedev vs Botic Van De Zandschulp – U.S. Open 07-September-2021
5 - 1win/loss
In the 2nd round, Medvedev had a good straight sets win against Kyrgios (7-61 6-4 4-6 6-2). During the match, Medvedev scored 134 points vs Kyrgios’s 113. The Russian was pretty aggressive to blast 67 winners.
Talking about the service games, Medvedev buried his opponent with 31 aces and he committed only 5 double faults. Daniil Medvedev lost the serve twice and he saved 7 break points. Furthermore, Medvedev put 66% of his first serves in, winning 85% (67/79) of the points behind his 1st serve and 50% (20/40) on the 2nd serve. Medvedev broke Kyrgios 4 times after converting 36% of his break points (4/11).
Overall Performance in this tournament
Daniil started his run at this tournament from the qualifications. In the main draw, he has conceded 1 set in this tournament to conquer 56% of the points he played.
Medvedev has a solid record in the last 10 years having won 70% of his matches (384-162). 5-1 on hard in 2022. Talking about his performance on the same surface of this event, Medvedev has an overall 160-55 win-loss record in the last years on hard.
Medvedev has an overall 5-1 win-loss record in 2022, 5-1 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously at the Australian Open
Botic Van De Zandschulp
4 - 2win/loss
In the 2nd round against Gasquet, The Dutch recovered from a 1-set down deficit before winning (4-6 6-0 4-0 ret.). During the match Van De Zandschulp scored 80 points vs Gasquet’s 57. The Dutch was quite aggressive to blast 29 winners.
About the serving games, Van De Zandschulp blasted 16 aces and he committed only 1 double fault for the entire match. Overall, Botic Van De Zandschulp was quite effective on serve to win 73% (29/40) of his 1st serve and 65% (11/17) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve once. Van De Zandschulp broke Gasquet 5 times after converting 63% of his break points (5/8).
The Dutch has an overall 4-2 win-loss record in 2022, 4-2 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Previously at the Australian Open
Previously, his best result was reaching the 1st round in 2021. See his history.
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
|Points||Medvedev||Van De Zandschulp|
Both Medvedev and Van De Zandschulp played 2 matches. Both players lost a set in the event. Daniil Medvedev lost 1 set, while Botic Van De Zandschulp lost 1 set. Talking about their workload, Medvedev and Van De Zandschulp have played the same amount of sets 7. However, Medvedev played 24 games more than Van De Zandschulp. The Russian scored 115 winners (48% of the total points). On the other side, Van De Zandschulp struck 77 winners (43%).
|Serve||Medvedev||Van De Zandschulp|
|Avg per match||20.5||12|
Medvedev managed to score 41 aces (20.5 per match). Van De Zandschulp managed to score 24 aces (12 per match). Medvedev won 82% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 54% of the points. On the other side, Van De Zandschulp won 79% of the points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 56% of the points.
How they played the important points
|Breaks||Medvedev||Van De Zandschulp|
Daniil broke his opponents 8 times with a 47% conversion rate. The Russian surrendered his serve 3 times and he saved 79% of the break points that he conceded. The Dutch broke his opponents 10 times with a 56% conversion rate. The Dutch conceded his serve twice and he saved 75% of the break points that he conceded.
|Score||6-1 6-4 7-63||7-61 6-4 4-6 6-2|
|% 1st in||66%||66%||66%|
|% 1st pts||79%||85%||82%|
|% 2nd pts||58%||50%||54%|
|Van De Zandschulp|
|Score||6-4 6-3 6-2||4-6 6-0 4-0 ret.|
|% 1st in||70%||70%||70%|
|% 1st pts||84%||73%||79%|
|% 2nd pts||50%||65%||56%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores – Australian Open
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-4 6-78 6-2 7-5) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Reilly OpelkaOpelka (7-64 4-6 6-3 6-4) – Stats, scores, rankings
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – Cristian GarinGarin (7-64 6-1 6-3) – Stats, scores, rankings
Upcoming matches in the draw
- Sebastian KordaKorda – Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Carlos Alcaraz GarfiaAlcaraz Garfia – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Radu AlbotAlbot (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Adrian MannarinoMannarino – Aslan KaratsevKaratsev (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Karen KhachanovKhachanov – Rafael NadalNadal (0-7) – H2H and prediction
- Pablo AndujarAndujar – Alex De MinaurDe Minaur (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Taro DanielDaniel – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (5-1) – H2H and prediction
- Benoit PairePaire – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (1-3) – H2H and prediction
- Andrey RublevRublev – Marin CilicCilic (4-1) – H2H and prediction
- Daniel EvansEvans – Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Christopher O ConnellO Connell – Maxime CressyCressy (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Botic Van De ZandschulpVan De Zandschulp – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Gael MonfilsMonfils (0-1) – H2H and prediction