Jiri Lehecka and Sumit Nagal will clash against each other in the 2nd round of the Sibiu Challenger for the 2nd time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 3:00 pm on COURT 5. In the following paragraphs, you can find the head to head analysis and prediction.
Prediction, odds and live streaming
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Jiri Lehecka who should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded).
At the challenger level, there will be free live streaming on Challenger TV.
Prediction and head to head Jiri Lehecka vs. Sumit Nagal
The last time that they competed against each other, Nagal won 5-7 7-6(4) 6-3 in the 3rd round in the Prague Challenger back in 2020.
Highlights Sumit Nagal vs Jiri Lehecka – Prague Challenger 19-August-2020
Ranked no. 177 (career-high), the Czech reached the 2nd round after defeating Filip Cristian Jianu 7-65 6-2.
In the 1st round, Jiri had a good straight sets win against Cristian Jianu (7-65 6-2). During the match, Lehecka scored 67 points vs Cristian Jianu’s 57. Lehecka was quite aggressive to blast 25 winners.
Talking about the service games, Lehecka bagged 2 aces and he committed only 3 double faults. Overall, Jiri Lehecka was extremely effective on serve to win 71% (25/35) of his 1st serve and 58% (14/24) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve twice. The Czech broke Cristian Jianu 4 times after converting 67% of his break points (4/6).
Lehecka has a solid match record in the last 5 years having won 65% of his matches (93-50). 34-13 on clay in 2021. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this event, Lehecka has a compiled59-31 record in the last 5 years on clay.
His best result of the season was conquering the title in the Tampere Challenger where he beat Nicolas Kicker in the final 5-7 6-4 6-3 and in the Bucharest Challenger where he beat Filip Horansky in the final 6-3 6-2.
Jiri has a composed 56-19 win-loss record in 2021, 34-13 on clay (See FULL STATS).
Previously in the Sibiu Challenger
Jiri has never competed in this tournament before.
Ranked no. 212, the Indian got to the 2nd round after beating Lucas Miedler 6-3 6-1.
In the 1st round, Sumit had a good straight sets win against Miedler (6-3 6-1). During the match Nagal scored 67 points vs Miedler’s 46. Nagal was very aggressive to blast 20 winners.
Talking about serving, Nagal struck 2 aces and he committed only 2 double faults. Overall, Sumit Nagal was pretty effective on serve to win 74% (20/27) of his 1st serve and 59% (10/17) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve once. The Indian broke Miedler 5 times after converting 38% of his break points (5/13).
Nagal has a compiled 21-25 win-loss record in 2021, 20-21 on clay (See FULL STATS).
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Lehecka and Nagal played 1 match. Both players have not dropped a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Lehecka and Nagal have played the same amount of sets 2. However, Lehecka played 5 games more than Nagal. Jiri scored 25 winners (37% of the total points). On the other side, The Indian struck 20 winners (30%).
|Avg per match||2||2|
Lehecka managed to score 2 aces . Nagal managed to score 2 aces . Lehecka won 71% points behind his first serve. He very solid his second serve to win 58% of the points. On the other side, Nagal won 74% of the points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 59% of the points.
How they played the important points
Jiri broke his opponent 4 times with a 67% conversion rate. The Czech conceded his serve twice and he saved 60% of the break points that he conceded. Sumit broke his opponent 5 times with a 38% conversion rate. Nagal conceded his serve once and he saved 0% of the break points that he conceded.
|% 1st in||59%||59%|
|% 1st pts||71%||71%|
|% 2nd pts||58%||58%|
|% 1st in||61%||61%|
|% 1st pts||74%||74%|
|% 2nd pts||59%||59%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Sibiu Challenger
- Yshai OlielOliel – Jay ClarkeClarke (7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Stefano TravagliaTravaglia – Lukas RosolRosol (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Damir DzumhurDzumhur – Petros TsitsipasTsitsipas (6-2 6-0) – See score progression
- Geoffrey BlancaneauxBlancaneaux – Elmar EjupovicEjupovic (6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Stefan PalosiPalosi – Nicholas David IonelDavid Ionel (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Sumit NagalNagal – Lucas MiedlerMiedler (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Yan BondarevskiyBondarevskiy – Vlad Andrei DancuAndrei Dancu (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Jiri LeheckaLehecka – Filip Cristian JianuCristian Jianu (7-65 6-2) – See score progression
- Marc-Andrea HueslerHuesler – Jelle SelsSels (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Vit KoprivaKopriva – Danilo PetrovicPetrovic (7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Thanasi KokkinakisKokkinakis – Maximilian MartererMarterer (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Ergi KirkinKirkin – Alexey VatutinVatutin (7-5 4-6 6-1) – See score progression
- Franco AgamenoneAgamenone – Vlad Victor CorneaVictor Cornea (6-1 7-63) – See score progression
- Alex MolcanMolcan – Riccardo BonadioBonadio (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Vitaliy SachkoSachko – Radu AlbotAlbot (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
Upcoming matches in the draw
- Marius CopilCopil – Zdenek KolarKolar (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Stefano TravagliaTravaglia – Yan BondarevskiyBondarevskiy (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Damir DzumhurDzumhur – Geoffrey BlancaneauxBlancaneaux (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Franco AgamenoneAgamenone – Vitaliy SachkoSachko (1-0) – H2H and prediction
- Thanasi KokkinakisKokkinakis – Ergi KirkinKirkin (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Marc-Andrea HueslerHuesler – Yshai OlielOliel (0-0) – H2H and prediction
- Vit KoprivaKopriva – Alex MolcanMolcan (0-1) – H2H and prediction
- Jiri LeheckaLehecka – Sumit NagalNagal (0-1) – H2H and prediction