Daniel Masur and Edan Leshem will fight against each other in the 2nd round of the Potchefstroom Challenger for the 2nd time of their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 10:00 am on COURT 5. Here the head to head stats and the relative prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Daniel Masur that should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Daniel Masur vs. Edan Leshem
The last time that they locked horns, Masur won 6-2 6-4 in the 1st round in the Kobe Challenger back in 2016.
Ranked no. 252, Daniel reached the 1st round after defeating Yshai Oliel 7-5 6-4.
In the 1st round, The German had a good straight sets win against Oliel (7-5 6-4). During the match Masur scored 77 points vs Oliel’s 68. Daniel was extremely aggressive to blast 32 winners.
Talking about serving, Masur blasted 7 aces and he committed only 4 double faults. Daniel Masur was extremely effective on serve to win 78% (32/41) of his 1st serve and 60% (18/30) on the second serve. This was the main reason for not conceding a single break during the match. Masur broke Oliel twice after converting 20% of his break points (2/10).
Masur has a weak win-loss record in the last 7 years having won 42% of his matches (311-227). 2-2 on hard in 2020. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this competition, Masur has a 259-187 win-loss record in the last 7 years on hard.
The German has a 7-6 win-loss record in 2020, 2-2 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
The German didn’t play in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Ranked no. 356, Leshem reached the 1st round after defeating Fabrizio Ornago 6-1 3-6 6-2.
In the 1st round, Edan defeated Ornago (6-1 3-6 6-2). During the match Leshem scored 85 points vs Ornago’s 70. The Israeli was extremely aggressive to blast 33 winners.
Talking about serving, Leshem blasted 13 aces and he committed only 6 double faults. Overall, Edan Leshem was extremely effective on serve to win 77% (33/43) of his 1st serve and 51% (18/35) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve twice. The Israeli broke Ornago 5 times after converting 63% of his break points (5/8).
Leshem has a solid record in the last 6 years having won 65% of his matches (495-261). 1-1 on hard in 2020. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this event, Leshem has a 191-120 record in the last 6 years on hard.
Leshem has a 6-5 win-loss record in 2020, 1-1 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Edan didn’t compete in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Masur and Leshem played 1 matche. At the moment, Edan Leshem conceded 1 set while Daniel Masur hasn’t lost a set so far. Masur has played 1 sets less than Leshem (2 vs 3). Therefore, Masur played 2 games less than Leshem. Daniel scored 32 winners (42% on total points). On the other side, Leshem blasted 33 winners (39%).
|Avg per match||7||13|
Masur blasted 7 aces . Leshem blasted 13 aces . Masur won 78% points behind his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 60% of the points. On the other side, Leshem won 77% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 51% of the points.
How they played the important points
Daniel broke his opponent twice with 20% conversion rate. The German was rock solid on his serve as he has never conceded a single service game after saving 2 break points. The Israeli broke his opponent 5 times with 63% conversion rate. Edan conceded his serve twice and he saved 75% of the break points that he conceded.
|% 1st in||58%||58%|
|% 1st pts||78%||78%|
|% 2nd pts||60%||60%|
|Score||6-1 3-6 6-2|
|% 1st in||55%||55%|
|% 1st pts||77%||77%|
|% 2nd pts||51%||51%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Potchefstroom Challenger
- Sidharth RawatRawat – Danylo KalenichenkoKalenichenko (5-7 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda – Pedja KrstinKrstin (6-1 4-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Matteo MartineauMartineau (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Hugo GrenierGrenier – Mick VeldheerVeldheer (2-6 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy – Khololwam MontsiMontsi (6-2 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Fabrizio OrnagoOrnago (6-1 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- David PichlerPichler – Jean ThirouinThirouin (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Jack DraperDraper – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Gerhardt Marius BeckerMarius Becker (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Tobias SimonSimon – Adam MoundirMoundir (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Yshai OlielOliel (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Benjamin LockLock – Sebastian PrechtelPrechtel (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Marek GengelGengel (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Simon CarrCarr (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – Corentin DenollyDenolly (7-64 7-5) – See score progression
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Vaughn HunterHunter (6-2 3-6 6-0) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – David PichlerPichler (0-0) – See H2H details
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy (0-0) – See H2H details
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Daniel MasurMasur (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Hugo GrenierGrenier (0-0) – See H2H details
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Sidharth RawatRawat (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jack DraperDraper – Tobias SimonSimon (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Benjamin LockLock (0-0) – See H2H details