Lorenzo Musetti and Benjamin Lock will play each other in the 2nd round of the Potchefstroom Challenger for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 12:30 pm on COURT 5. Here you can find the head to head analysis and the prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Lorenzo Musetti that should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Lorenzo Musetti vs. Benjamin Lock
There is no head to head record between Lorenzo Musetti and Benjamin Lock since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other in the main tour.
Ranked no. 287, the Italian got to the 2nd round after beating Simon Carr 6-2 7-5.
In the 1st round, Musetti had a good straight sets win against Carr (6-2 7-5). During the match Musetti scored 74 points vs Carr’s 57. The Italian was extremely aggressive to blast 30 winners.
Talking about serving, Musetti blasted 2 aces and he committed only 2 double faults. Overall, Lorenzo Musetti was extremely effective on serve to win 73% (30/41) of his 1st serve and 61% (11/18) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve once. The Italian broke Carr 4 times after converting 40% of his break points (4/10).
Musetti has a weak record in the last 3 years having won 29% of his matches (37-15). 6-3 on hard in 2020. Talking about his performance on the same surface of this event, Musetti has a 57-37 win-loss record in the last 3 years on hard.
Lorenzo has a 9-6 win-loss record in 2020, 6-3 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Lorenzo didn’t play in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Ranked no. 433, Lock reached the 2nd round after beating Sebastian Prechtel 7-64 6-1.
In the 1st round, The had a good straight sets win against Prechtel (7-64 6-1). During the match Lock scored 76 points vs Prechtel’s 58. The was extremely aggressive to blast 30 winners.
Talking about serving, Lock blasted 4 aces and he was extremely consistent in conceding no double faults for the entire match. Benjamin Lock lost the serve once and he saved 6 break points. Furthermore, Lock put 68% of his first serves in, winning 67% (30/45) of the points behind his 1st serve and 76% (16/21) on the 2nd serve. Benjamin broke Prechtel 3 times after converting 38% of his break points (3/8).
Lock has a negative record in the last 7 years having won 46% of his matches (67-79). 7-3 on hard in 2020. Talking about his performance on the same surface of this event, Lock has a 17-26 win-loss record in the last 7 years on hard.
Benjamin has a 9-6 win-loss record in 2020, 7-3 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
The didn’t compete in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Musetti and Lock played 1 matche. Both players have not conceded a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Musetti and Lock have played the same amount of sets 2. They also played the same amount of games (20). Musetti scored 30 winners (41% on total points). On the other side, Lock blasted 30 winners (39%).
|Avg per match||2||4|
Musetti blasted 2 aces . Lock blasted 4 aces . Musetti won 73% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 61% of the points. On the other side, Lock won 67% points behind his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 76% of the points.
How they played the important points
Lorenzo broke his opponent 4 times with 40% conversion rate. Musetti conceded his serve once and he saved 67% of the break points that he conceded. Lock broke his opponent 3 times with 38% conversion rate. The conceded his serve once and he saved 86% of the break points that he conceded.
|% 1st in||69%||69%|
|% 1st pts||73%||73%|
|% 2nd pts||61%||61%|
|% 1st in||68%||68%|
|% 1st pts||67%||67%|
|% 2nd pts||76%||76%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Potchefstroom Challenger
- Sidharth RawatRawat – Danylo KalenichenkoKalenichenko (5-7 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy – Khololwam MontsiMontsi (6-2 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda – Pedja KrstinKrstin (6-1 4-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Matteo MartineauMartineau (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Jack DraperDraper – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Tobias SimonSimon – Adam MoundirMoundir (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Fabrizio OrnagoOrnago (6-1 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- David PichlerPichler – Jean ThirouinThirouin (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Benjamin LockLock – Sebastian PrechtelPrechtel (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Gerhardt Marius BeckerMarius Becker (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Yshai OlielOliel (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Hugo GrenierGrenier – Mick VeldheerVeldheer (2-6 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Marek GengelGengel (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – Corentin DenollyDenolly (7-64 7-5) – See score progression
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Vaughn HunterHunter (6-2 3-6 6-0) – See score progression
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Simon CarrCarr (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – David PichlerPichler (0-0) – See H2H details
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy (0-0) – See H2H details
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Daniel MasurMasur (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Hugo GrenierGrenier (0-0) – See H2H details
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Sidharth RawatRawat (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jack DraperDraper – Tobias SimonSimon (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Benjamin LockLock (0-0) – See H2H details