Evgeny Karlovskiy and Sadio Doumbia will square off in the 2nd round of the Potchefstroom Challenger for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to play on Thursday at 10:00 am on COURT 8. Here the head to head stats and the relative prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Evgeny Karlovskiy that should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Evgeny Karlovskiy vs. Sadio Doumbia
There is no head to head record between Evgeny Karlovskiy and Sadio Doumbia since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other in the main tour.
Ranked no. 249, Evgeny got to the 2nd round after beating Khololwam Montsi 6-2 5-7 6-2.
In the 1st round, The Russian defeated Montsi (6-2 5-7 6-2). During the match Karlovskiy scored 101 points vs Montsi’s 84. The Russian was extremely aggressive to blast 52 winners.
Talking about serving, Karlovskiy blasted 12 aces and he committed only 8 double faults. Evgeny Karlovskiy lost the serve once and he saved 6 break points. Furthermore, Karlovskiy put 68% of his first serves in, winning 81% (52/64) of the points behind his 1st serve and 40% (12/30) on the 2nd serve. The Russian broke Montsi 4 times after converting 36% of his break points (4/11).
Karlovskiy has a weak win-loss record in the last 9 years having won 35% of his matches (838-456). 6-4 on hard in 2020. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this tournament, Karlovskiy has a 293-213 record in the last 9 years on hard.
The Russian has a 6-6 win-loss record in 2020, 6-4 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Karlovskiy didn’t play in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Ranked no. 401, Sadio got to the 2nd round after defeating Marek Gengel 6-4 6-2.
In the 1st round, Sadio had a good straight sets win against Gengel (6-4 6-2). During the match Doumbia scored 65 points vs Gengel’s 54. Doumbia was extremely aggressive to blast 24 winners.
Talking about serving, Doumbia blasted 4 aces and he committed only 2 double faults. Overall, Sadio Doumbia was extremely effective on serve to win 71% (24/34) of his 1st serve and 57% (13/23) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve once. Doumbia broke Gengel 4 times after converting 36% of his break points (4/11).
Doumbia has a solid record in the last 7 years having won 60% of his matches (311-207). 4-3 on hard in 2020. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this competition, Doumbia has a 234-159 record in the last 7 years on hard.
Doumbia’s best result of the current year was getting to the semi-finals in M25 Potchefstroom.
Doumbia has a 6-5 win-loss record in 2020, 4-3 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Sadio didn’t compete in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Karlovskiy and Doumbia played 1 matche. At the moment, Evgeny Karlovskiy conceded 1 set while Sadio Doumbia hasn’t lost a set so far. Karlovskiy has played 1 sets more than Doumbia (3 vs 2). Therefore, Karlovskiy played 10 games more than Doumbia. Karlovskiy scored 52 winners (51% on total points). On the other side, Sadio blasted 24 winners (37%).
|Avg per match||12||4|
Karlovskiy blasted 12 aces . Doumbia blasted 4 aces . Karlovskiy won 81% points behind his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 40% of the points. On the other side, Doumbia won 71% points behind his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 57% of the points.
How they played the important points
The Russian broke his opponent 4 times with 36% conversion rate. Evgeny conceded his serve once and he saved 86% of the break points that he conceded. The French Player broke his opponent 4 times with 36% conversion rate. The French Player conceded his serve once and he saved 67% of the break points that he conceded.
|Score||6-2 5-7 6-2|
|% 1st in||68%||68%|
|% 1st pts||81%||81%|
|% 2nd pts||40%||40%|
|% 1st in||60%||60%|
|% 1st pts||71%||71%|
|% 2nd pts||57%||57%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Potchefstroom Challenger
- Sidharth RawatRawat – Danylo KalenichenkoKalenichenko (5-7 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy – Khololwam MontsiMontsi (6-2 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda – Pedja KrstinKrstin (6-1 4-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Matteo MartineauMartineau (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Jack DraperDraper – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Tobias SimonSimon – Adam MoundirMoundir (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Fabrizio OrnagoOrnago (6-1 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- David PichlerPichler – Jean ThirouinThirouin (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Benjamin LockLock – Sebastian PrechtelPrechtel (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Gerhardt Marius BeckerMarius Becker (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Yshai OlielOliel (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Hugo GrenierGrenier – Mick VeldheerVeldheer (2-6 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Marek GengelGengel (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – Corentin DenollyDenolly (7-64 7-5) – See score progression
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Vaughn HunterHunter (6-2 3-6 6-0) – See score progression
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Simon CarrCarr (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – David PichlerPichler (0-0) – See H2H details
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy (0-0) – See H2H details
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Daniel MasurMasur (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Hugo GrenierGrenier (0-0) – See H2H details
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Sidharth RawatRawat (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jack DraperDraper – Tobias SimonSimon (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Benjamin LockLock (0-0) – See H2H details