Dustin Brown and David Pichler will clash against each other in the 2nd round of the Potchefstroom Challenger for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 12:30 pm on COURT 10. In this post, we analyze their head to head performance and the prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Dustin Brown that should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Dustin Brown vs. David Pichler
There is no head to head record between Dustin Brown and David Pichler since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other in the main tour.
Ranked no. 246, Brown reached the 2nd round after beating Corentin Denolly 7-64 7-5.
In the 1st round, Dustin had a good straight sets win against Denolly (7-64 7-5). During the match Brown scored 88 points vs Denolly’s 79. Brown was extremely aggressive to blast 34 winners.
Talking about serving, Brown blasted 12 aces and he committed only 6 double faults. Dustin Brown lost the serve 3 times and he saved 3 break points. Furthermore, Brown put 58% of his first serves in, winning 74% (34/46) of the points behind his 1st serve and 50% (17/34) on the 2nd serve. Dustin broke Denolly 4 times after converting 44% of his break points (4/9).
Brown has a unfavourable record in the last 10 years having won only 48% of his matches (256-277). 1-1 on hard in 2020. . Regarding his performance on the same surface of this event, Brown has a 299-254 record in the last 10 years on hard.
The German has a 2-4 win-loss record in 2020, 1-1 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Dustin didn’t play in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Ranked no. 483, Pichler reached the 2nd round after defeating Jean Thirouin 6-2 6-3.
In the 1st round, Pichler had a good straight sets win against Thirouin (6-2 6-3). During the match Pichler scored 60 points vs Thirouin’s 41. The Austrian was extremely aggressive to blast 17 winners.
Talking about serving, Pichler blasted 5 aces and he committed only 1 double fault for the entire match. David Pichler was extremely effective on serve to win 77% (17/22) of his 1st serve and 76% (16/21) on the second serve. This was the main reason for not conceding a single break during the match. The Austrian broke Thirouin 4 times after converting 67% of his break points (4/6).
Pichler has a negative record in the last 5 years having won 40% of his matches (10-15). 2-3 on hard in 2020. In connection with his performance on the same surface of this event, Pichler has a 15-14 record in the last 5 years on hard.
The Austrian has a 2-3 win-loss record in 2020, 2-3 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
The Austrian didn’t compete in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Brown and Pichler played 1 matche. Both players have not lost a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Brown and Pichler have played the same amount of sets 2. However, Brown played 8 games more than Pichler. Dustin scored 34 winners (39% on total points). On the other side, Pichler blasted 17 winners (28%).
|Avg per match||12||5|
Brown blasted 12 aces . Pichler blasted 5 aces . Brown won 74% points behind his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 50% of the points. On the other side, Pichler won 77% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 76% of the points.
How they played the important points
The German broke his opponent 4 times with 44% conversion rate. Dustin conceded his serve 3 times and he saved 50% of the break points that he conceded. The Austrian broke his opponent 4 times with 67% conversion rate. The Austrian was rock solid on his serve as he has never conceded a single service game after saving 0 break points.
|% 1st in||58%||58%|
|% 1st pts||74%||74%|
|% 2nd pts||50%||50%|
|% 1st in||51%||51%|
|% 1st pts||77%||77%|
|% 2nd pts||76%||76%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Potchefstroom Challenger
- Sidharth RawatRawat – Danylo KalenichenkoKalenichenko (5-7 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy – Khololwam MontsiMontsi (6-2 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda – Pedja KrstinKrstin (6-1 4-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Matteo MartineauMartineau (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Jack DraperDraper – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Tobias SimonSimon – Adam MoundirMoundir (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Fabrizio OrnagoOrnago (6-1 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- David PichlerPichler – Jean ThirouinThirouin (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Benjamin LockLock – Sebastian PrechtelPrechtel (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Gerhardt Marius BeckerMarius Becker (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Yshai OlielOliel (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Hugo GrenierGrenier – Mick VeldheerVeldheer (2-6 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Marek GengelGengel (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – Corentin DenollyDenolly (7-64 7-5) – See score progression
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Vaughn HunterHunter (6-2 3-6 6-0) – See score progression
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Simon CarrCarr (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – David PichlerPichler (0-0) – See H2H details
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy (0-0) – See H2H details
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Daniel MasurMasur (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Hugo GrenierGrenier (0-0) – See H2H details
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Sidharth RawatRawat (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jack DraperDraper – Tobias SimonSimon (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Benjamin LockLock (0-0) – See H2H details