Benjamin Bonzi and Sidharth Rawat will play each other in the 2nd round of the Potchefstroom Challenger for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 12:30 pm on COURT 8. In this post, we analyze their head to head performance and the prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Benjamin Bonzi that should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Benjamin Bonzi vs. Sidharth Rawat
There is no head to head record between Benjamin Bonzi and Sidharth Rawat since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other in the main tour.
Ranked no. 241, Bonzi got to the 2nd round after defeating Matteo Martineau 7-5 6-2.
In the 1st round, Benjamin had a good straight sets win against Martineau (7-5 6-2). During the match Bonzi scored 70 points vs Martineau’s 50. Bonzi was extremely aggressive to blast 33 winners.
Talking about serving, Bonzi blasted 9 aces and he was extremely consistent in conceding no double faults for the entire match. Benjamin Bonzi was extremely effective on serve to win 80% (33/41) of his 1st serve and 73% (8/11) on the second serve. This was the main reason for not conceding a single break during the match. Bonzi was clinical in his return game without wasting any break point and break Martineau 3 times.
Bonzi has a unfavourable record in the last 5 years having won 27% of his matches (140-53). 17-2 on hard in 2020. Talking about his performance on the same surface of this competition, Bonzi has a 188-114 record in the last 5 years on hard.
The French Player’s best result of the current year was reaching the final in M25 Nonthaburi,the Bengalaru Challenger and M25 Potchefstroom.
Benjamin has a 20-5 win-loss record in 2020, 17-2 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
The French Player didn’t play in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Ranked no. 445, Sidharth reached the 2nd round after defeating Danylo Kalenichenko 5-7 6-3 6-2.
In the 1st round against Kalenichenko, The Indian recovered from a 1-set down deficit before winning (5-7 6-3 6-2). During the match Rawat scored 97 points vs Kalenichenko’s 87. The Indian was extremely aggressive to blast 45 winners.
Talking about serving, Rawat blasted 7 aces and he committed only 3 double faults. Overall, Sidharth Rawat was extremely effective on serve to win 80% (45/56) of his 1st serve and 52% (17/33) on the second serve. However, this didn’t prevent his to concede the serve once. Sidharth broke Kalenichenko 3 times after converting 23% of his break points (3/13).
Rawat has a winning win-loss record in the last 7 years having won 53% of his matches (504-444). 9-5 on hard in 2020. Regarding his performance on the same surface of this competition, Rawat has a 77-76 win-loss record in the last 7 years on hard.
The Indian has a 9-5 win-loss record in 2020, 9-5 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the Potchefstroom Challenger
Sidharth didn’t compete in the Potchefstroom Challenger in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Bonzi and Rawat played 1 matche. At the moment, Sidharth Rawat lost 1 set while Benjamin Bonzi hasn’t conceded a set so far. Bonzi has played 1 sets less than Rawat (2 vs 3). Therefore, Bonzi played 9 games less than Rawat. The French Player scored 33 winners (47% on total points). On the other side, Sidharth blasted 45 winners (46%).
|Avg per match||9||7|
Bonzi blasted 9 aces . Rawat blasted 7 aces . Bonzi won 80% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 73% of the points. On the other side, Rawat won 80% points on his first serve. He had a solid display on his second serve to win 52% of the points.
How they played the important points
Benjamin broke his opponent 3 times with 100% conversion rate. Bonzi was rock solid on his serve as he has never conceded a single service game after saving 0 break points. Rawat broke his opponent 3 times with 23% conversion rate. Rawat conceded his serve once and he saved 75% of the break points that he conceded.
|% 1st in||79%||79%|
|% 1st pts||80%||80%|
|% 2nd pts||73%||73%|
|Score||5-7 6-3 6-2|
|% 1st in||63%||63%|
|% 1st pts||80%||80%|
|% 2nd pts||52%||52%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Potchefstroom Challenger
- Sidharth RawatRawat – Danylo KalenichenkoKalenichenko (5-7 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy – Khololwam MontsiMontsi (6-2 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda – Pedja KrstinKrstin (6-1 4-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Matteo MartineauMartineau (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Jack DraperDraper – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Tobias SimonSimon – Adam MoundirMoundir (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Fabrizio OrnagoOrnago (6-1 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- David PichlerPichler – Jean ThirouinThirouin (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Benjamin LockLock – Sebastian PrechtelPrechtel (7-64 6-1) – See score progression
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Gerhardt Marius BeckerMarius Becker (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Yshai OlielOliel (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Hugo GrenierGrenier – Mick VeldheerVeldheer (2-6 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Marek GengelGengel (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – Corentin DenollyDenolly (7-64 7-5) – See score progression
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Vaughn HunterHunter (6-2 3-6 6-0) – See score progression
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Simon CarrCarr (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Dustin BrownBrown – David PichlerPichler (0-0) – See H2H details
- Sadio DoumbiaDoumbia – Evgeny KarlovskiyKarlovskiy (0-0) – See H2H details
- Edan LeshemLeshem – Daniel MasurMasur (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lucas MiedlerMiedler – Hugo GrenierGrenier (0-0) – See H2H details
- Benjamin BonziBonzi – Sidharth RawatRawat (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fabien ReboulReboul – Mehluli Don Ayanda SibandaDon Ayanda Sibanda (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jack DraperDraper – Tobias SimonSimon (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo MusettiMusetti – Benjamin LockLock (0-0) – See H2H details