Score, report, and key facts
Paquet had a pretty good kick start of the set after breaking Mladenovic in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 4-0. Notwithstanding, the set was not over yet and there was more work to do for Chloe to win the set because Kristina found the way to break back in the 5th (1-4) game. Chloe maintained her cool to break Kristina in the 6th (5-1) game before winning the set (6-1).
There was an important spell in this match when Paquet won 4 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
Mladenovic conquered a commanding position in the outset to break Paquet in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Kristina managed to boost her lead after breaking Paquet in the 8th (6-2) game before managing to win the set.
Paquet was in a great position at the beginning of the set to break Mladenovic in the 1st game (1-0). However, Mladenovic managed to stage a great comeback to break Chloe 4 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 6th (3-3), in the 8th (5-3) gamein the 10th game before winning the set (6-4) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
Mladenovic failed to serve out the set when leading 5-3 to be broken at 30.
One of the most important stint of the contest was when Kristina won 4 consecutive games in the 3rd set to change the scoreline from 1-3 to 5-3.
At the end of the match, Mladenovic scored 97 points vs. Chloe’s 90 points.
Kristina didn’t lose the focus when converting 64% of the break points that she procured (7/11). On the other side, Chloe was sharp when converting 50% of the break points that she procured points (6/12). Nonetheless, that was not enough to win the match.
After this match, the head to head between Mladenovic and Paquet is 1-0 for Kristina.
Highlights Kristina Mladenovic vs. Chloe Paquet Open 6 Sens – Lyon
Next Match H2H: Kristina Mladenovic vs. Anna-Lena Friedsam – stats
Mladenovic will play Friedsam in the 2nd round.
This will be the 2nd time that Kristina Mladenovic and Anna-Lena Friedsam fight against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Mladenovic (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they played each other, Mladenovic won 6-4 7-64 in the 3rd round in Eastbourne back in 2016.
Tennis Scores in Lyon
- Viktoriya TomovaTomova – Magdalena FrechFrech (7-5 6-75 6-4) – See score progression
- Camila GiorgiGiorgi – Vera LapkoLapko (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Lesley KerkhoveKerkhove (6-2 2-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Tereza MartincovaMartincova – Ana BogdanBogdan (6-3 4-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Chloe PaquetPaquet (1-6 6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Jil TeichmannTeichmann – Clara BurelBurel (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Daria KasatkinaKasatkina – Pauline ParmentierParmentier (6-2 5-7 6-4) – See score progression
- Ysaline BonaventureBonaventure – Marta KostyukKostyuk (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Alize CornetCornet – Antonia LottnerLottner (7-5 6-0) – See score progression
- Irina Maria BaraMaria Bara – Timea BabosBabos (6-3 6-72 6-4) – See score progression
- Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck – Katarzyna KawaKawa (6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Caroline GarciaGarcia – Greetje MinnenMinnen (6-4 1-6 7-65) – See score progression
- Jaqueline CristianCristian – Priscilla HonHon (6-2 6-0) – See score progression
- Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam – Anastasiya KomardinaKomardina (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Sofia KeninKenin – Vitalia DiatchenkoDiatchenko (0-1) – See H2H details
- Mandy MinellaMinella – Oceane DodinDodin (0-1) – See H2H details
- Caroline GarciaGarcia – Ysaline BonaventureBonaventure (0-0) – See H2H details
- Viktoriya TomovaTomova – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (0-0) – See H2H details
- Darya KasatkinaKasatkina – Irina Maria BaraMaria Bara (0-0) – See H2H details
- Camila GiorgiGiorgi – Alize CornetCornet (4-2) – See H2H details
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Tereza MartincovaMartincova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam – Kristina MladenovicMladenovic (0-1) – See H2H details