Score, report, and key facts
Watson had a favorable start in this set after breaking Bondarenko in the 1st game (1-0). Nevertheless, there was more work to do for heather to win the set as the Ukrainian succeeded in breaking back in the 2nd (1-1), in the 6th (3-3), in the 8th (5-3) and in the 12th (6-6) game. The Brit kept her focus before winning the set at the breaker at 2.
Heather failed to serve out the set when leading 6-5 to be broken at 30.
Anyhow also the Ukrainian won 4 consecutive games from 1-3 to 5-3
Watson had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Bondarenko in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Heather extended her lead after breaking Kateryna in the 8th (6-2) game before conquering the set.
At the end of the match, the Brit scored 81 points vs. Bondarenko’s 65 points.
The Brit was pretty good in converting 67% of the break points that she conquered (6/9). On the other side, the Ukrainian was well focused in converting 50% of the break points that she procured points (4/8). Nevertheless, that was not enough to win the match.
After this match, the head to head between Watson and Bondarenko is 3-2 for Heather.
Highlights Heather Watson vs. Kateryna Bondarenko Abierto Mexicano TELCEL – Acapulco
Next Match H2H: Heather Watson vs. Christina Mchale – stats
Watson will fight against Mchale in the quarter.
The last time that they locked horns, Mchale won 4-6 6-0 7-61 in the 1st round in Acapulco back in 2016.
Tennis Scores in Acapulco
- Heather WatsonWatson – Kateryna BondarenkoBondarenko (7-62 6-2) – See score progression
- Anastasia PotapovaPotapova – Tatjana MariaMaria (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Leylah Annie FernandezAnnie Fernandez – Nao HibinoHibino (6-3 6-0) – See score progression
- Christina MchaleMchale – Caroline DolehideDolehide (5-7 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Xiyu WangWang – Sara ErraniErrani (7-5 6-73 6-1) – See score progression
- Renata ZarazuaZarazua – Katie VolynetsVolynets (4-6 7-5 6-0) – See score progression
- Lin ZhuZhu – Katie BoulterBoulter (7-62 7-5) – See score progression
- Tamara ZidansekZidansek – Kaja JuvanJuvan (6-2 6-2) – See score progression