Score, report, and key facts
Djokovic started the set in the best possible way after breaking Jaziri in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 5-0. Djokovic reinforced his lead after breaking the Tunisian in the 4th (4-0) game before conquering the set (6-1).
There was a pivotal moment in this set when the Serbian won 5 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 5-0.
Novak in this set was too good for Malek and finally he won 6-2 after breaking Jaziri in the 5th (3-2) and in the 7th (5-2) game.
Malek was dominated in the last 5 games of the set (from 1-2 to 6-2).
At the end of the match, Djokovic scored 58 points vs. Jaziri’s 31 points.
Novak served exceptionally well to win 83% of the points (25/30) behind his first serve, and he won 62% points (8/13) on his second serve. Djokovic was pretty focused in converting 50% of the break points that he procured (4/8). On the other side, the Tunisian wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Djokovic and Jaziri is 2-0 for Novak.
Highlights Novak Djokovic vs. Malek Jaziri Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships – Dubai
Next Match H2H: Novak Djokovic vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber – stats
Djokovic will square off with Kohlschreiber in the 2nd round.
The last time that they played each other, Djokovic won 6-3 6-0 in the 3rd round in Rome back in 2019.
Tennis Scores in Dubai
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Malek JaziriJaziri (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Karen KhachanovKhachanov – Mikhail KukushkinKukushkin (7-62 6-1) – See score progression
- Andrey RublevRublev – Lorenzo MusettiMusetti (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Philipp KohlschreiberKohlschreiber – Mohamed SafwatSafwat (4-6 6-4 6-0) – See score progression
- Richard GasquetGasquet – Lloyd HarrisHarris (7-6(5) 6-4) – See score progression
- Yen-Hsun LuLu – Yasutaka UchiyamaUchiyama (0-0) – See H2H details
- Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut – Jan-Lennard StruffStruff (3-0) – See H2H details
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – Marton FucsovicsFucsovics (1-0) – See H2H details
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Philipp KohlschreiberKohlschreiber (11-2) – See H2H details
- Marin CilicCilic – Benoit PairePaire (5-1) – See H2H details
- Daniel EvansEvans – Fabio FogniniFognini (0-0) – See H2H details
- Joao SousaSousa – Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic (1-1) – See H2H details
- Prajnesh GunneswaranGunneswaran – Dennis NovakNovak (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (0-1) – See H2H details
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Richard BerankisBerankis (0-1) – See H2H details
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Pierre-Hugues HerbertHerbert (1-0) – See H2H details
- Hubert HurkaczHurkacz – Alexander BublikBublik (0-0) – See H2H details