Score, report, and key facts
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Opelka conquered in the 6th game (4-2) before winning the set (6-3).
Similarly to the 1st set, the set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Reilly conquered in the 9th game (5-4) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, Opelka scored 56 points vs. the Korean’s 43 points.
Opelka served exceptionally well to win 79% of the points (30/38) behind his first serve, and he won 67% points (10/15) on his second serve. Opelka struck 16 aces without committing any double fault. The American was pretty focused in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered (2/4). On the other side, Kwon wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Opelka and Kwon is 1-0 for Reilly.
Next Match H2H: Reilly Opelka vs. Milos Raonic – stats
Opelka will come up against Raonic in the semifinal.
Tennis Scores in Delray Beach
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Brandon NakashimaNakashima (3-6 7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Frances TiafoeTiafoe (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Milos RaonicRaonic – Steve JohnsonJohnson (7-66 6-3) – See score progression
- Reilly OpelkaOpelka – Soon-Woo KwonKwon (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Reilly OpelkaOpelka – Milos RaonicRaonic (0-1) – See H2H details