Score, report, and key facts
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Andrey conquered in the 11th game (6-5) before winning the set (7-5).
Rublev had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Bublik in the 1st game (1-0). Andrey improved his lead after breaking Bublik in the 9th (6-3) game before winning the set.
At the end of the match, Andrey scored 65 points vs. Bublik’s 55 points.
The Russian served exceptionally well to win 81% of the points (26/32) behind his first serve, and he won 60% points (15/25) on his second serve. The Russian was pretty focused in converting 60% of the break points that he procured (3/5). On the other side, Bublik wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Rublev and Bublik is 3-1 for Andrey.
Highlights Andrey Rublev vs. Alexander Bublik ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament – Rotterdam
Next Match H2H: Andrey Rublev vs. Filip Krajinovic – stats
Rublev will square off with Krajinovic in the quarter.
The last time that they played, Rublev won 6-1 6-2 in the Rubber 1 in 2 back in 2019.
Tennis Scores in Rotterdam
- Andrey RublevRublev – Alexander BublikBublik (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Aljaz BedeneBedene – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Jannik SinnerSinner – David GoffinGoffin (7-67 7-5) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Vasek PospisilPospisil (6-4 7-67) – See score progression
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – Gilles SimonSimon (6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Daniel EvansEvans – Karen KhachanovKhachanov (4-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (6-4 2-6 7-64) – See score progression