Score, report, and key facts
Alexandrova started the set strong after breaking Vekic in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating her break and lead 4-0. Ekaterina managed to strengthen her lead after breaking the Croatian in the 3rd (3-0) and in the 7th (6-1) game before conquering the set.
An important stage of this contest was when Alexandrova won 4 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
Vekic conquered a leading position at the beginning of the set after breaking Alexandrova in the 1st game (1-0). Anyhow, Alexandrova managed to stage a good comeback to break Donna 4 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 4th (2-2), in the 10th (5-5) gamein the 12th game before winning the set (7-5) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
At the end of the match, the Russian scored 69 points vs. Vekic’s 54 points.
The Russian was pretty focused in converting 54% of the break points that she procured (7/13). On the other side, Donna wasn’t that great in converting her break points (only 33% – 3/9). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Alexandrova and Vekic is 1-1.
Highlights Ekaterina Alexandrova vs. Donna Vekic St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy – St. Petersburg
Next Match H2H: Ekaterina Alexandrova vs. Petra Kvitova – stats
Alexandrova will face Kvitova in the quarter.
This will be the 2nd time that Ekaterina Alexandrova and Petra Kvitova fight against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Kvitova (see full H2H stats), but they have never played each other on I.hard.
The last time that they played each other, Kvitova won 6-1 6-2 in the 3rd round in Melbourne back in January 2020.
Tennis Scores in St. Petersburg
- Maria SakkariSakkari – Alize CornetCornet (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Kiki BertensBertens – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Donna VekicVekic (6-1 7-5) – See score progression
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (7-61 1-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Oceane DodinDodin – Johanna KontaKonta (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Anastasia PotapovaPotapova – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (7-62 6-3) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Fiona FerroFerro (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Belinda BencicBencic – Svetlana KuznetsovaKuznetsova (7-64 6-4) – See score progression