Score, report, and key facts
The Czech won the set after recovering 2 times from a break down. In fact, after dropping her serve in the 3rd (1-2) and in the 5th (2-3) game. Petra broke back in the 4th (2-2) and in the 10th (5-5) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 1.
Kvitova started the set strong after breaking Van Uytvanck in the 1st game (1-0). Nonetheless, the Belgian was not done to come back to break Petra 3 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 4th (3-1) and in the 6th (5-1) game before winning the set (6-1).
Kvitova was powerless in the last 6 games of the set (from 0-1 to 6-1).
Van Uytvanck had a strong start of this set after breaking Kvitova in the 1st game (1-0). However, Kvitova succeeded in coming back to break Alison 3 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 6th (4-2) gamein the 8th game before winning the set (6-2) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
The Belgian was completely wiped out in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-2 to 6-2).
At the end of the match, Petra scored 110 points vs. the Belgian’s 105 points.
Kvitova was effective when converting 50% of the break points that she conquered (6/12). On the other side, Van Uytvanck was far from perfect in converting her break points (only 29% – 6/21). That was one of the key issues for her loss.
After this match, the head to head between Kvitova and Van Uytvanck is 1-0 for Petra.
Highlights Petra Kvitova vs. Alison Van Uytvanck St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy – St. Petersburg
Next Match H2H: Petra Kvitova vs. Ekaterina Alexandrova – stats
Kvitova will play Alexandrova in the quarter.
The last time that they squared off, Kvitova won 6-1 6-2 in the 3rd round in Melbourne back in January 2020.
Tennis Scores in St. Petersburg
- Maria SakkariSakkari – Alize CornetCornet (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Donna VekicVekic (6-1 7-5) – See score progression
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (7-61 1-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Kiki BertensBertens – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Oceane DodinDodin – Johanna KontaKonta (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Fiona FerroFerro (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Anastasia PotapovaPotapova – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (7-62 6-3) – See score progression
- Belinda BencicBencic – Svetlana KuznetsovaKuznetsova (7-64 6-4) – See score progression