Score, report, and key facts
Linette won the set after recovering 2 times from a break down. In fact, after dropping her serve in the 3rd (1-2) and in the 7th (3-4) game. Magda broke back 3 times in the 6th (3-3), in the 8th (4-4) and in the 12th (7-5) game before winning the set 7-5.
Shuai lost the 12th game (7-5) when she had a good chance to win the game when leading 40-0.
Linette conquered a commanding position in the outset to break Peng in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Magda managed to boost her lead after breaking Shuai in the 6th (5-1) game before managing to win the set (6-1).
At the end of the match, Magda scored 80 points vs. the Chinese’s 57 points.
Linette served extremely well to win 81% of the points (25/31) behind her first serve, and she won 52% points (14/27) on her second serve. The Pole won this match even if she was not so effective in converting her break points as she converted only 45% (5/11). On the other side, the Chinese was effective in converting 50% of the break points that she conquered points (2/4). Notwithstanding, that was not enough to win the match.
After this contest, the head to head between Linette and Peng is 2-0 for Magda.
Highlights Magda Linette vs. Shuai Peng Thailand Open – Hua Hin
Next Match H2H: Magda Linette vs. Xiyu Wang – stats
Linette will fight against Wang in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Magda Linette and Xiyu Wang since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Hua Hin
- Elina SvitolinaSvitolina – Storm SandersSanders (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Magda LinetteLinette – Shuai PengPeng (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Patricia Maria TigMaria Tig – Xiaodi YouYou (6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Xiyu WangWang – Barbara HaasHaas (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Nao HibinoHibino – Peangtarn PlipuechPlipuech (6-0 6-1) – See score progression
- Leonie KungKung – Lin ZhuZhu (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Saisai ZhengZheng – En Shuo LiangShuo Liang (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Qiang WangWang – Katarzyna KawaKawa (6-3 6-4) – See score progression