Reilly Opelka and Yoshihito Nishioka will play each other in the 2nd round of the New York Open for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Thursday at 5:00 pm on STADIUM COURT. In the following lines you can find the head to head analysis and the prediction.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Reilly Opelka that should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
The American has a 0-2 win-loss record in 2020, 0-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
This will be the first match of the season on indoor hard courts.
Talking about his overall career, The American has an overall 125-94 record. He has positive 28-11 record on indoor hard courts.
Last year in New York
The American had to surrender in the 2nd round 6-4 6-4 7-62 to Dominik Koepfer.
Ranked no. 64, the Japanese got to the 2nd round after defeating Henri Laaksonen 6-3 0-6 6-2.
In the 1st round, Nishioka defeated Laaksonen (6-3 0-6 6-2). During the match Nishioka scored 84 points vs Laaksonen’s 79. Yoshihito was extremely aggressive to blast 29 winners.
Talking about serving, Nishioka blasted 2 aces and he committed only 2 double faults. Yoshihito Nishioka lost the serve 3 times and he saved 3 break points. Furthermore, Nishioka put 62% of his first serves in, winning 60% (29/48) of the points behind his 1st serve and 62% (18/29) on the 2nd serve. Yoshihito broke Laaksonen 3 times after converting 33% of his break points (3/9).
Nishioka has a solid record in the last 10 years having won 64% of his matches (194-111). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. Talking about his performance on the same surface of this tournament, Nishioka has a 238-148 record in the last 10 years on indoor hard courts.
Nishioka has a 7-3 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in New York
Yoshihito lost in the 2nd round 6-77 6-0 6-4 6-4 to Feliciano Lopez.
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in New York
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Paolo LorenziLorenzi (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Andreas SeppiSeppi – Steve JohnsonJohnson (7-64 6-3) – See score progression
- Soon-Woo KwonSoon-Woo – Milos RaonicMilos (7-6(4) 6-7(4) 6-4) – See score progression
- John IsnerIsner – Jordan ThompsonThompson (3-0) – See H2H details
- Jason JungJung – Cameron NorrieNorrie (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marcos GironGiron – Ugo HumbertHumbert (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kyle EdmundEdmund – Dominik KoepferKoepfer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Reilly OpelkaOpelka – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Soon-Woo KwonKwon – Milos RaonicRaonic (0-0) – See H2H details