Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Yanina Wickmayer that should win in 2 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Yanina Wickmayer vs. Seone Mendez
There is no head to head record between Yanina Wickmayer and Seone Mendez since this will be the first time that they will play each other in the main tour.
Ranked no. 146, Wickmayer got to the 2nd round after beating Elizabeth Coleman 6-3 6-2.
In the 1st round, The Belgian had a good straight sets win against Coleman (6-3 6-2). During the match Wickmayer scored 58 points vs Coleman’s 41. Wickmayer was extremely aggressive to blast 24 winners.
Talking about serving, Wickmayer blasted 2 aces and she was extremely solid in conceding no double faults for the entire match. Yanina Wickmayer was extremely effective on serve to win 77% (24/31) of her 1st serve and 71% (15/21) on the second serve. This was the main reason for not conceding a single break during the match. Yanina was clinical in her return game without wasting any break point and break Coleman 3 times.
Wickmayer has a unfavourable record in the last 10 years having won only 48% of her matches (74-80). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. . Regarding her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Wickmayer has a 186-181 win-loss record in the last 10 years on indoor hard courts.
Wickmayer has a 3-3 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
Wickmayer didn’t play in the W100 Midland in 2019.
Ranked no. 277 (career high), Seone reached the 2nd round after defeating Sofia Shapatava 7-5 6-3.
In the 1st round, Mendez had a good straight sets win against Shapatava (7-5 6-3). During the match Mendez scored 70 points vs Shapatava’s 57. Seone was extremely aggressive to blast 21 winners.
Talking about serving, Mendez blasted 3 aces and she committed only 2 double faults. Seone Mendez lost the serve twice and she saved 2 break points. Furthermore, Mendez put 53% of her first serves in, winning 68% (21/31) of the points behind her 1st serve and 63% (17/27) on the 2nd serve. Mendez broke Shapatava 5 times after converting 50% of her break points (5/10).
Mendez has a fantastic win-loss record in the last 6 years having won 100% of her matches (7-0). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. Regarding her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Mendez has a 4-9 win-loss record in the last 6 years on indoor hard courts.
Seone has a 2-2 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
The Australian didn’t play in the W100 Midland in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Wickmayer and Mendez played 1 matche. Both players have not dropped a single set in this event so far. Talking about their workload, Wickmayer and Mendez have played the same amount of sets 2. However, Wickmayer played 4 games less than Mendez. Yanina scored 24 winners (41% on total points). On the other side, Mendez blasted 21 winners (30%).
|Avg per match||2||3|
Wickmayer blasted 2 aces . Mendez blasted 3 aces . Wickmayer won 77% points on her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 71% of the points. On the other side, Mendez won 68% points behind her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 63% of the points.
How they played the important points
Yanina broke her opponent 3 times with 100% conversion rate. Yanina was rock solid on her serve as she has never conceded a single service game after saving 1 break points. Mendez broke her opponent 5 times with 50% conversion rate. Mendez conceded her serve twice and she saved 50% of the break points that she conceded.
|% 1st in||60%||60%|
|% 1st pts||77%||77%|
|% 2nd pts||71%||71%|
|% 1st in||53%||53%|
|% 1st pts||68%||68%|
|% 2nd pts||63%||63%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in W100 Midland
- Maria MateasMateas – Alycia ParksParks (6-4 7-63) – See score progression
- Caty McNallyMcNally – Alexa GlatchGlatch (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Shilin XuXu – Quinn GleasonGleason (6-0 6-3) – See score progression
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jovana JovicJovic (4-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Shelby RogersRogers – Kayla DayDay (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Seone MendezMendez – Sofia ShapatavaShapatava (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Sara ErraniErrani (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Maria SanchezSanchez (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo – Marcela ZacariasZacarias (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Grace MinMin (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-64) – See score progression
- Irina FalconiFalconi – Mayo HibiHibi (3-6 6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Yanina WickmayerWickmayer – Elizabeth ColemanColeman (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Valeria SavinykhSavinykh (2-6 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Jamie LoebLoeb – Mona BarthelBarthel (7-5 4-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-6(4)) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Shilin XuXu (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Shelby RogersRogers (0-0) – See H2H details
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Irina FalconiFalconi (1-1) – See H2H details
- Seone MendezMendez – Yanina WickmayerWickmayer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jamie LoebLoeb (0-1) – See H2H details
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo (0-1) – See H2H details
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Maria MateasMateas (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jessika PonchetPonchet – Caty McNallyMcNally (0-0) – See H2H details