Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Irina Falconi that should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Prediction and head to head Caroline Dolehide vs. Irina Falconi
There is no head to head record between Caroline Dolehide and Irina Falconi since this will be the first time that they will square off in the main tour.
The last time that they squared off, Dolehide won 6-4 6-3 in the qualifications in at the French Open back in 2018.
Ranked no. 135, Dolehide got to the qualifications after defeating Grace Min 6-1 6-4.
In the 1st round, Caroline had a good straight sets win against Min (6-1 6-4). During the match Dolehide scored 61 points vs Min’s 41. Dolehide was extremely aggressive to blast 22 winners.
Talking about serving, Dolehide blasted 5 aces and she committed only 4 double faults. Caroline Dolehide was extremely effective on serve to win 79% (22/28) of her 1st serve and 68% (15/22) on the second serve. This was the main reason for not conceding a single break during the match. Caroline broke Min 3 times after converting 38% of her break points (3/8).
Dolehide has a negative record in the last 7 years having won 39% of her matches (19-12). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. Regarding her performance on the same surface of this event, Dolehide has a 43-45 win-loss record in the last 7 years on indoor hard courts.
Caroline has a 4-2 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
The American didn’t compete in the W100 Midland in 2019.
Ranked no. 385, Falconi reached the qualifications after beating Mayo Hibi 3-6 6-2 6-1.
In the 1st round against Hibi, The American recovered from a 1-set down deficit before winning (3-6 6-2 6-1). During the match Falconi scored 82 points vs Hibi’s 62. Irina was extremely aggressive to blast 27 winners.
Talking about serving, Falconi scored just 1 ace during the entire match and she committed only 4 double faults. Irina Falconi lost the serve 4 times and she saved 2 break points. Furthermore, Falconi put 63% of her first serves in, winning 64% (27/42) of the points behind her 1st serve and 48% (12/25) on the 2nd serve. The American broke Hibi 7 times after converting 58% of her break points (7/12).
Falconi has a negative record in the last 10 years having won 48% of her matches (28-30). 1-0 on indoor hard courts in 2020. Talking about her performance on the same surface of this tournament, Falconi has a 119-132 win-loss record in the last 10 years on indoor hard courts.
The American has a 7-3 win-loss record in 2020, 1-0 on indoor hard courts (See FULL STATS).
Last year in the W100 Midland
Falconi didn’t compete in the W100 Midland in 2019.
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
H2H Performance in the tournament
Matches, sets, games and points
Both Dolehide and Falconi played 1 matche. At the moment, Irina Falconi dropped 1 set while Caroline Dolehide hasn’t lost a set so far. Dolehide has played 1 sets less than Falconi (2 vs 3). Therefore, Dolehide played 7 games less than Falconi. The American scored 22 winners (36% on total points). On the other side, Irina blasted 27 winners (33%).
|Avg per match||5||1|
Dolehide blasted 5 aces . Falconi blasted 1 ace . Dolehide won 79% points on her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 68% of the points. On the other side, Falconi won 64% points behind her first serve. She had a solid display on her second serve to win 48% of the points.
How they played the important points
The American broke her opponent 3 times with 38% conversion rate. Dolehide was rock solid on her serve as she has never conceded a single service game after saving 0 break points. Falconi broke her opponent 7 times with 58% conversion rate. Falconi conceded her serve 4 times and she saved 33% of the break points that she conceded.
|% 1st in||56%||56%|
|% 1st pts||79%||79%|
|% 2nd pts||68%||68%|
|Score||3-6 6-2 6-1|
|% 1st in||63%||63%|
|% 1st pts||64%||64%|
|% 2nd pts||48%||48%|
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in W100 Midland
- Caty McNallyMcNally – Alexa GlatchGlatch (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Shilin XuXu – Quinn GleasonGleason (6-0 6-3) – See score progression
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Grace MinMin (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Sara ErraniErrani (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Maria SanchezSanchez (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-64) – See score progression
- Seone MendezMendez – Sofia ShapatavaShapatava (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jovana JovicJovic (4-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Shelby RogersRogers – Kayla DayDay (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo – Marcela ZacariasZacarias (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Yanina WickmayerWickmayer – Elizabeth ColemanColeman (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Irina FalconiFalconi – Mayo HibiHibi (3-6 6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Jamie LoebLoeb – Mona BarthelBarthel (7-5 4-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Valeria SavinykhSavinykh (2-6 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Madison BrengleBrengle (6-2 7-6(4)) – See score progression
- Gabriela TalabaTalaba – Shilin XuXu (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marine PartaudPartaud – Shelby RogersRogers (0-0) – See H2H details
- Caroline DolehideDolehide – Irina FalconiFalconi (1-1) – See H2H details
- Seone MendezMendez – Yanina WickmayerWickmayer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Robin AndersonAnderson – Jamie LoebLoeb (0-1) – See H2H details
- Catherine HarrisonHarrison – Francesca Di LorenzoDi Lorenzo (0-1) – See H2H details
- Anhelina KalininaKalinina – Maria MateasMateas (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jessika PonchetPonchet – Caty McNallyMcNally (0-0) – See H2H details