Score, report, and key facts
Mager had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Pablo Ficovich in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Nevertheless, the set was not over yet and there was more work to do for Gianluca to win the set since the Argentine succeeded in breaking back in the 4th (1-3) game. Gianluca kept his focus to break Pablo Ficovich in the 5th (4-1) game before conquering the set (6-2).
There was not much difference between the 2 players in this set with the exception of 1 break that Juan conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
Gianluca in this set played at a much higher level than Juan and without many problems he won 6-2. Juan broke Mager 3 times in the 4th (3-1), in the 6th (5-1) and in the 8th (6-2) game. However, Mager broke his opponent in the 7th (5-2) game, but that didn’t prevent his to win the set (6-2).
Mager failed to serve out the set when leading 5-1 to be broken at 30.
There was a pivotal moment in this set when Mager won 4 consecutive games in the 3rd set to change the scoreline from 1-1 to 5-1.
At the end of the match, Gianluca scored 78 points vs. Juan’s 65 points.
The Italian was pretty focused in converting 55% of the break points that he conquered (6/11). On the other side, Pablo Ficovich was far from perfect in converting his break points (only 43% – 3/7). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this match, the head to head between Mager and Pablo Ficovich is 1-0 for Gianluca.
Next Match H2H: Gianluca Mager vs. Pablo Cuevas – stats
Mager will compete against Cuevas in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Gianluca Mager and Pablo Cuevas since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Cordoba
- Pablo CuevasCuevas – Federico DelbonisDelbonis (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Gianluca MagerMager – Juan Pablo FicovichPablo Ficovich (6-2 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Carlos TabernerTaberner – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (4-6 6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Attila BalazsBalazs – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-2 7-63) – See score progression
- Pablo CuevasCuevas – Gianluca MagerMager (0-0) – See H2H details
- Leonardo MayerMayer – Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar (0-1) – See H2H details
- Attila BalazsBalazs – Christian GarinGarin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Facundo BagnisBagnis – Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas (0-1) – See H2H details
- Hugo DellienDellien – Pedro CachinCachin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Federico CoriaCoria – Andrej MartinMartin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Marco CecchinatoCecchinato – Juan Ignacio LonderoIgnacio Londero (0-0) – See H2H details
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Pedro Martinez PorteroMartinez Portero (1-0) – See H2H details
- Corentin MoutetMoutet – Thiago Moura MonteiroMoura Monteiro (0-0) – See H2H details
- Francisco CerundoloCerundolo – Pablo AndujarAndujar (0-0) – See H2H details