Score, report, and key facts
The set went straight to the tiebreak as there were no breaks. Eventually, the American won the tiebreak at 6.
The Australian won the set after he broke Johnson in the 4th (3-1) and in the 12th (6-6) game. The American tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 7th (4-3) and in the 11th (5-6) game. However, the Australian maintained the focus before winning the set at the following breaker at 4.
Steve won the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after conceding his serve in the 7th (3-4) game, Johnson broke back in the 10th (5-5) game before winning the set at the following tiebreak at 4.
At the end of the match, the American scored 124 points vs. the Australian’s 119 points.
Steve served very well to win 78% of the points (54/69) behind his first serve, and he won 53% points (27/51) on his second serve. The American blasted 23 aces and he committed 9 double faults. Johnson won this match even if he was not so effective in converting his break points as he converted only 33% (3/9). On the other side, Aleksandar was remarkable in converting all the break points (3/3). Yet, that was not enough to win the contest.
After this match, the head to head between Johnson and Vukic is 1-0.
Next Match H2H: Steve Johnson vs. Bradley Klahn – stats
Johnson will face Klahn in the quarter.
The last time that they competed against each other, Johnson won 6-4 7-64 in the 3rd round in Canberra Challenger back in January 2020.
Tennis Scores in Newport Beach Challenger
- Daniel Elahi GalanElahi Galan – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (6-3 6-76 6-3) – See score progression
- Christopher EubanksEubanks – Michael RedlickiRedlicki (3-6 6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Steve JohnsonJohnson – Aleksandar VukicVukic (7-66 6-74 7-64) – See score progression
- Raymond SarmientoSarmiento – Jc AragoneAragone (7-5 7-63) – See score progression
- Denis IstominIstomin – Frances TiafoeTiafoe (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Mitchell KruegerKrueger – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (6-4 3-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Thai KwiatkowskiKwiatkowski – Brayden SchnurSchnur (3-6 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Bradley KlahnKlahn – Sebastian KordaKorda (5-7 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Bradley KlahnKlahn – Steve JohnsonJohnson (1-0) – See H2H details
- Mitchell KruegerKrueger – Raymond SarmientoSarmiento (0-0) – See H2H details
- Thai KwiatkowskiKwiatkowski – Denis IstominIstomin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Daniel Elahi GalanElahi Galan – Christopher EubanksEubanks (0-0) – See H2H details