Score, report, and key facts
Swiatek conquered a good lead at the beginning of the set after breaking Kontaveit in the 2nd game (2-0). Nonetheless, there was more to do for Swiatek to win the set because Kontaveit found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2), in the 7th (4-3) and in the 11th (6-5) game. Swiatek maintained her cool before winning the set at the tiebreak at 4.
Iga missed the opportunity to break the Estonian in the 6th game when she had 3 consecutive chances (0-40).
Swiatek took off at the beginning of the set after breaking Kontaveit in the 1st game (1-0). Anyhow, Kontaveit found the way to come back to break Swiatek 3 times in the 4th (2-2), in the 8th (4-4) gamein the 12th game before winning the set (7-5) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
Kontaveit enjoyed quite a good start of the set after breaking Swiatek in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. However, that was not enough for the Estonian to win the set as Iga managed to break back in the 7th (2-5) and in the 9th (4-5) game. Kontaveit kept her focus to break Iga in the 12th (7-5) game.
Kontaveit failed to serve out the set when leading 5-1 to be broken at 30.
Yet also the Pole won 4 consecutive games from 1-5 to 5-5
At the end of the match, Anett scored 118 points vs. Swiatek’s 109 points.
The Estonian was effective in converting 64% of the break points that she conquered (9/14). On the other side, Swiatek was struggling to find the solution in converting her break points (only 37% – 7/19). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Kontaveit and Swiatek is 2-0 for Anett.
Highlights Anett Kontaveit vs. Iga Swiatek Australian Open – Melbourne
Next Match H2H: Anett Kontaveit vs. Simona Halep – stats
Prediction: Halep in 2
Kontaveit will fight against Halep in the quarter.
The last time that they fought against each other, Halep won 6-2 6-4 in the quarter in Rome back in 2017.
Anett Kontaveit in Melbourne
|Embed from Getty Images|
Tennis Scores at the
- Anett KontaveitKontaveit – Iga SwiatekSwiatek (6-74 7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Garbine MuguruzaMuguruza – Kiki BertensBertens (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova – Angelique KerberKerber (6-75 7-64 6-2) – See score progression
- Simona HalepHalep – Elise MertensMertens (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Maria SakkariSakkari (6-74 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Ashleigh BartyBarty – Alison RiskeRiske (6-3 1-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Sofia KeninKenin – Cori GauffGauff (6-75 6-3 6-0) – See score progression
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Qiang WangWang (7-64 6-1) – See score progression