Score, report, and key facts
Kerber took off at the beginning of the set after breaking Wang in the 2nd game (2-0). Anyhow, there was more work to do for the German to win the set since Qiang managed to break back in the 3rd (1-2) game. Kerber kept her cool to break Wang in the 4th (3-1) and in the 6th (5-1) game before conquering the set (6-1).
Qiang was unable to find the solution against the opposition in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
Kerber won the set after she broke the Chinese in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 9th (6-3) game. That break was the key for Kerber to conquer the set because she didn’t concede her serve in the rest of the set.
At the end of the match, Kerber scored 77 points vs. Qiang’s 54 points.
Angelique won this match even if she wasn’t that great in converting her break points since she converted only 38% (5/13). On the other side, Qiang was battling in converting her break points (only 33% – 1/3). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Kerber and Wang is 1-0 for Angelique.
Highlights Angelique Kerber vs. Qiang Wang Adelaide International – Adelaide
Next Match H2H: Angelique Kerber vs. Dayana Yastremska – stats
Kerber will square off with Yastremska in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Angelique Kerber and Dayana Yastremska since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Adelaide
- Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic – Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva (7-64 6-2) – See score progression
- Belinda BencicBencic – Daria KasatkinaKasatkina (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Sofia KeninKenin – Viktorija GolubicGolubic (6-0 6-4) – See score progression
- Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova – Anett KontaveitKontaveit (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Timea BabosBabos (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Angelique KerberKerber – Qiang WangWang (6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins – Aliaksandra SasnovichSasnovich (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Donna VekicVekic – Anastasija SevastovaSevastova (4-6 6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Arina RodionovaRodionova – Sloane StephensStephens (0-0) – See H2H details
- Tatjana MariaMaria – Marketa VondrousovaVondrousova (0-1) – See H2H details
- Julia GoergesGoerges – Priscilla HonHon (0-0) – See H2H details
- Vitalia DiatchenkoDiatchenko – Maria SakkariSakkari (0-0) – See H2H details
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Su-Wei HsiehHsieh (0-2) – See H2H details
- Bernarda PeraPera – Barbora StrycovaStrycova (1-1) – See H2H details
- Ashleigh BartyBarty – Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova (2-3) – See H2H details
- Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins – Sofia KeninKenin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Angelique KerberKerber (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic – Simona HalepHalep (0-3) – See H2H details