Score, report, and key facts
The Pole clinched the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping her serve in the 3rd (1-2) game, The Pole broke back in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 2.
Kuznetsova didn’t want to give any chance to the opposition at the beginning of the set after breaking Linette in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Notwithstanding, the Pole managed to stage a great comeback to break Kuznetsova in the 7th (3-4) and in the 9th (5-4) game before winning the set at the breaker at 9.
Linette failed to serve out the set when leading 5-4 to be broken at 30.
Certainly, a key moment was when Linette won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 1-4 to 5-4.
At the end of the match, Magda scored 98 points vs. Kuznetsova’s 90 points.
The Pole won this match even if she wasn’t that great in converting her break points as she converted only 33% (3/9). On the other side, Svetlana was well focused in converting 75% of the break points that she conquered points (3/4). Nonetheless, that was not enough to win the contest.
After this match, the head to head between Linette and Kuznetsova is 1-0 for Magda.
Highlights Magda Linette vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova Hobart International – Hobart
Next Match H2H: Magda Linette vs. Lauren Davis – stats
Linette will compete against Davis in the 2nd round.
The last time that they squared off, Davis won 6-4 7-64 in the qualifications in Wuhan back in 2015.
Tennis Scores in Hobart
- Lauren DavisDavis – Astra SharmaSharma (6-3 3-6 7-66) – See score progression
- Heather WatsonWatson – Jil TeichmannTeichmann (1-6 6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova – Samantha StosurStosur (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Kateryna KozlovaKozlova – Sara Sorribes TormoSorribes Tormo (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Magda LinetteLinette – Svetlana KuznetsovaKuznetsova (7-62 7-69) – See score progression
- Fiona FerroFerro – Rebecca PetersonPeterson (4-4 ret.) – See score progression
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Lin ZhuZhu (5-7 6-2 7-6(3)) – See score progression
- Kristyna PliskovaPliskova – Nina StojanovicStojanovic (1-6 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Elise MertensMertens – Christina MchaleMchale (0-1) – See H2H details
- Lin ZhuZhu – Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Tamara ZidansekZidansek (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck – Alize CornetCornet (0-0) – See H2H details
- Nina StojanovicStojanovic – Kristyna PliskovaPliskova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Lizette CabreraCabrera – Caroline GarciaGarcia (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens – Shuai ZhangZhang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Catherine Cartan BellisCartan Bellis – Marie BouzkovaBouzkova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Anna BlinkovaBlinkova – Ons JabeurJabeur (0-0) – See H2H details
- Yafan WangWang – Garbine MuguruzaMuguruza (0-0) – See H2H details
- Heather WatsonWatson – Fiona FerroFerro (1-0) – See H2H details
- Magda LinetteLinette – Lauren DavisDavis (1-2) – See H2H details