Score, report, and key facts
Collins was quite dominant at the beginning of the set to break Putintseva in the 1st game (1-0). The American reinforced her lead after breaking Yulia in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (6-1) game before winning the set.
Yulia was completely wiped out in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
Putintseva had to weaponry to counter the opposition and the American won the set 6-0.
At the end of the match, Collins scored 58 points vs. the Kazakhstani’s 31 points.
Danielle didn’t lose the concentration in converting 60% of the break points that she procured (6/10). On the other side, Yulia wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/5). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Collins and Putintseva is 1-1.
Next Match H2H: Danielle Rose Collins vs. Madison Keys – stats
Collins will square off with Keys in the quarter.
The last time that they played each other, Collins won 6-3 7-61 in the 2nd round in Indian Wells back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Brisbane
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Liudmila SamsonovaSamsonova (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (6-4 6-75 6-1) – See score progression
- Jennifer BradyBrady – Ashleigh BartyBarty (6-4 7-64) – See score progression
- Naomi OsakaOsaka – Sofia KeninKenin (6-73 6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Alison RiskeRiske – Barbora StrycovaStrycova (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins – Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva (6-1 6-0) – See score progression
- Madison KeysKeys – Samantha StosurStosur (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Kiki BertensBertens – Anett KontaveitKontaveit (6-3 2-6 7-5) – See score progression