Score, report, and key facts
Zverev in this set played much better tennis than Rafael and consequently, he won 6-2 after breaking the Spaniard in the 5th (3-2) and in the 7th (5-2) game.
The Spaniard was outplayed in the last 5 games of the set (from 1-2 to 6-2).
Zverev had a pretty good kick start of the set after breaking Nadal in the 1st game (1-0). That was enough for Zverev to win the set (6-4) as no one dropped a serve anymore.
At the end of the match, the German scored 64 points vs. Nadal’s 45 points.
Alexander served exceptionally well to win 88% of the points (30/34) behind his first serve. Anyhow he won only 47% points (7/15) on his second serve. Alexander struck 11 aces and he committed 2 double faults. Zverev was pretty effective in converting 75% of the break points that he conquered (3/4). On the other side, Rafael wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Zverev and Nadal is 1-5 for Rafael.
Highlights Alexander Zverev vs. Rafael Nadal Nitto ATP Finals – London
After the match, Sascha commented “This means so much, playing here again after winning my biggest title so far in my career here last year. This means everything to me.
I was looking forward to this match, and thanks a lot for all the support, everybody who came out. The atmosphere is the reason why everybody is trying, the goal of the beginning of the season is to make London. Because playing here, playing in front of you all, playing in The O2 is something that we don’t have during the year, and this is so special.”
Next Match: Alexander Zverev vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas – stats
Zverev will face Stefanos Tsitsipas in his next match in the Round Robin.
This will be the 5th time that Stefanos Tsitsipas and Alexander Zverev face off. The head to head is 3-1 for Tsitsipas (see full H2H stats), but they have never played each other on indoor hard courts.
The last time they fought against each other, Tsitsipas won 7-66 6-4 in the semifinal in Beijing back in October 2019.
Tennis Scores in London
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Rafael NadalNadal (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Roger FedererFederer (7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Roger FedererFederer – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (1-0) – See H2H details
- Rafael NadalNadal – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (2-0) – See H2H details
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Roger FedererFederer (26-22) – See H2H details
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (2-1) – See H2H details
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Alexander ZverevZverev (1-4) – See H2H details
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Alexander ZverevZverev (3-1) – See H2H details