Stefanos Tsitsipas dispatches Daniil Medvedev 7-65 6-4 in the Round Robin in London on Monday. Tsitsipas will seek to keep on going in this event against Sascha Zverev and Rafael Nadal in the Round Robin.
Score, report, and key facts
The set went straight to the tiebreak as there were no breaks. Finally, the Greek won the tiebreak at 5.
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Stefanos conquered in the 9th game (5-4) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, Tsitsipas scored 77 points vs. the Russian’s 73 points.
The Greek served extremely well to win 89% of the points (39/44) behind his first serve. Nonetheless he won only 41% points (12/29) on his second serve. The Greek won this match even if he wasn’t that great in converting his break points because he converted only 25% (1/4). On the other side, Medvedev wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Tsitsipas and Medvedev is 1-5 for Daniil.
Highlights Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. Daniil Medvedev Nitto ATP Finals – London
After the match, Stefanos commented:
”It’s one of the most important victories in my career so far. I gave myself a big boost today, kept believing, kept fighting. It’s such a relief. It’s not easy coming in knowing you’ve lost five times before, but I made a deal with myself that I’ll keep trying until I get it. It doesn’t matter if it’s 10, 20 times.
This victory means a lot to me and this crowd means a lot to me. So much love, so much support, Greek flags everywhere. It almost feels like I’m playing in Athens.”
Next Match: Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. Sascha Zverev – stats
This will be the 5th time that Stefanos Tsitsipas and Alexander Zverev play each other. The H2H is 3-1 for Tsitsipas (see full H2H stats), but they have never faced off on indoor hard courts. The last time that they played, Tsitsipas won 7-66 6-4 in the semifinal in Beijing back in October 2019.
Tsitsipas might be the slight favorite for a 3-sets win.
Tennis Scores in London
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Rafael NadalNadal (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Roger FedererFederer (7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Roger FedererFederer – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (1-0) – See H2H details
- Rafael NadalNadal – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (2-0) – See H2H details
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Roger FedererFederer (26-22) – See H2H details
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (2-1) – See H2H details
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Alexander ZverevZverev (1-4) – See H2H details
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Alexander ZverevZverev (3-1) – See H2H details