Score, report, and key facts
De Minaur came out strong at the beginning of the set after breaking Kecmanovic in the 1st game (1-0). De Minaur reinforced his lead after breaking Miomir in the 5th (4-1) game before winning the set.
De Minaur wasted a good opportunity to break the Serbian in the 3rd game when he had 3 consecutive chances (0-40).
Alex clinched the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 3rd (1-2) game, Alex broke back in the 6th (3-3) and in the 7th (4-3) game before winning the set at the following tiebreak at 4.
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Kecmanovic conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (4-1).
De Minaur had a favorable start in this set after breaking Kecmanovic in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 4-0. The Australian managed to strengthen his lead after breaking Kecmanovic in the 4th (4-0) game before conquering the set.
A crucial moment of the match was when the Australian won 4 consecutive games in the 4th set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
At the end of the match, the Australian scored 70 points vs. the Serbian’s 51 points.
The Australian served pretty well to win 76% of the points (22/29) behind his first serve, and he won 65% points (13/20) on his second serve. The Australian won this match even if he was far from perfect in converting his break points because he converted only 29% (5/17). On the other side, Miomir didn’t lose the focus when converting 50% of the break points that he conquered points (2/4). Notwithstanding, that was not enough to win the match.
After this encounter, the head to head between De Minaur and Kecmanovic is 1-0 for Alex.
Highlights Alex De Minaur vs. Miomir Kecmanovic Next Gen ATP Finals – Milan
Next Match: Alex De Minaur vs. Casper Ruud – stats
De Minaur will square off with Ruud in the Round Robin.
There is no head to head record between Alex De Minaur and Casper Ruud since this will be the first time that they will face off at pro level.
The last time that they competed against each other, Ruud won 6-3 6-2 in the semifinal in Braga Challenger back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Milan
- Casper RuudRuud – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (3-42 4-32 4-2 3-42 4-1) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Ugo HumbertHumbert (4-2 4-35 3-44 4-1) – See score progression
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (4-1 4-34 1-4 4-0) – See score progression
- Jannik SinnerSinner – Frances TiafoeTiafoe (3-44 4-2 4-2 4-2) – See score progression
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Casper RuudRuud (4-35 4-35 4-2) – See score progression
- Mikael YmerYmer – Ugo HumbertHumbert (4-32 1-4 4-2 4-1) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Mikael YmerYmer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Casper RuudRuud (0-0) – See H2H details