Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that the American conquered in the 3rd game (2-1) before winning the set (4-2).
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of the tie break that Francis conquered in the 7th game (4-3).
Nothing could divide these 2 players that had to fight for the set only at the tiebreak. Eventually, the French Player won the tiebreak at 4.
The American won the set after he broke the French Player in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 5th (4-1) game. That break was the key and it was sufficient for the American to win the set as he didn’t concede his serve during the rest of the set.
Ugo was completely wiped out in the last 4 games of the set (from 0-1 to 4-1).
At the end of the match, the American scored 80 points vs. Ugo’s 73 points.
Francis won this match even if he wasn’t that great in converting his break points because he converted only 38% (3/8). On the other side, Humbert wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/3). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this match, the head to head between Tiafoe and Humbert is 1-0 for Francis.
Highlights Frances Tiafoe vs. Ugo Humbert Next Gen ATP Finals – Milan
Next Match: Frances Tiafoe vs. Mikael Ymer – stats
Tiafoe will take on Ymer in the Round Robin.
There is no head to head record between Frances Tiafoe and Mikael Ymer since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Milan
- Casper RuudRuud – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (3-42 4-32 4-2 3-42 4-1) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Ugo HumbertHumbert (4-2 4-35 3-44 4-1) – See score progression
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (4-1 4-34 1-4 4-0) – See score progression
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Casper RuudRuud (4-35 4-35 4-2) – See score progression
- Jannik SinnerSinner – Frances TiafoeTiafoe (3-44 4-2 4-2 4-2) – See score progression
- Mikael YmerYmer – Ugo HumbertHumbert (4-32 1-4 4-2 4-1) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Mikael YmerYmer (0-0) – See H2H details
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Casper RuudRuud (0-0) – See H2H details