Score, report, and key facts
Ymer conquered a good lead at the beginning of the set after breaking Humbert in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Nevertheless, there was more to do for Ymer to win the set since the French Player succeeded in breaking back in the 5th (2-3) game. Mikael maintained his cool before winning the set at the tiebreak at 2.
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Ugo conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (4-1).
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that Ymer conquered in the 6th game (4-2).
Ymer commenced this set in the best possible way after breaking Humbert in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. That was decisive for Ymer to win the set (4-1) as there were no other breaks.
At the end of the match, Mikael scored 66 points vs. Ugo’s 61 points.
The Swede served exceptionally well to win 79% of the points (30/38) behind his first serve, and he won 52% points (13/25) on his second serve. Ymer was pretty good in converting 75% of the break points that he procured (3/4). On the other side, the French Player was not so effective in converting his break points since he converted only 40% of his break points (2/5). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Ymer and Humbert is 1-0 for Mikael.
Highlights Mikael Ymer vs. Ugo Humbert Next Gen ATP Finals – Milan
After the match, Ymer commented:
“It was a lot of fun. I saw how big the arena is and was a little bit nervous before going out there, but I felt good from the start. I managed to stay in the rallies and get the early break, so there were a lot of positive things.”
Next Match: Mikael Ymer vs. Frances Tiafoe – stats
Ymer will take on Tiafoe in the Round Robin.
There is no head to head record between Mikael Ymer and Frances Tiafoe since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Milan
- Mikael YmerYmer – Ugo HumbertHumbert (4-32 1-4 4-2 4-1) – See score progression
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Casper RuudRuud (4-35 4-35 4-2) – See score progression
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (4-2 3-45 4-1 4-1) – See score progression
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Ugo HumbertHumbert (0-0) – See H2H details
- Casper RuudRuud – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Jannik SinnerSinner (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Casper RuudRuud (0-0) – See H2H details