Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Kyle conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
Similarly to the 1st set, there was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Matteo conquered in the 8th game (5-3) before winning the set (6-3).
Similarly to the 2nd set, there was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Matteo conquered in the 3rd game (2-1) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, the Italian scored 84 points vs. Kyle’s 83 points.
The Italian struck 10 aces and he committed 1 double fault. Matteo won this match even if he had a tough time in converting his break points since he converted only 33% (2/6). On the other side, the Brit had a tough time in converting his break points since he converted only 20% of his break points (1/5). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this match, the head to head between Berrettini and Edmund is 1-1.
Highlights Matteo Berrettini vs. Kyle Edmund Erste Bank Open – Vienna
Next Match: Matteo Berrettini vs. Grigor Dimitrov – stats
Berrettini will face Dimitrov in the 2nd round.
This will be the 2nd time that Matteo Berrettini and Grigor Dimitrov clash against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Dimitrov (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they competed against each other, Dimitrov won 7-5 6-4 in the 1st round in Carlo back in April 2019.
Tennis Scores in Vienna
- Grigor DimitrovDimitrov – Damir DzumhurDzumhur (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Marton FucsovicsFucsovics – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Diego Sebastian SchwartzmanSebastian Schwartzman – Pierre-Hugues HerbertHerbert (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini – Kyle EdmundEdmund (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Karen KhachanovKhachanov – Hubert HurkaczHurkacz (6-4 7-63) – See score progression
- Feliciano LopezLopez – Gilles SimonSimon (6-2) – See H2H details
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Adrian MannarinoMannarino (2-3) – See H2H details
- Mikhail KukushkinKukushkin – Borna CoricCoric (3-0) – See H2H details
- Guido PellaPella – Aljaz BedeneBedene (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marton FucsovicsFucsovics – Karen KhachanovKhachanov (1-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Denis ShapovalovShapovalov (2-1) – See H2H details
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (1-0) – See H2H details
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga (0-2) – See H2H details
- Dennis NovakNovak – Gael MonfilsMonfils (0-0) – See H2H details
- Hyeon ChungChung – Milos RaonicRaonic (0-0) – See H2H details
- Andrey RublevRublev – Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime (1-0) – See H2H details
- Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (0-1) – See H2H details
- Jannik SinnerSinner – Philipp KohlschreiberKohlschreiber (0-0) – See H2H details