Score, report, and key facts
Roger in this set stepped up in great fashion to overplay Peter and consequentely he won 6-2 after breaking Peter in the 4th (3-1) and in the 8th (6-2) game.
Federer overpowered the opposition at the beginning of the set after breaking Gojowczyk in the 2nd game (2-0). Yet, there was more to do for the Swiss to win the set since Gojowczyk found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2) game. Federer maintained his focus to break Gojowczyk in the 4th (3-1) and in the 6th (5-1) game before managing to win the set (6-1).
The German lost the plot in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
At the end of the match, Federer scored 56 points vs. the German’s 35 points.
The Swiss served extremely well to win 82% of the points (27/33) behind his first serve. Notwithstanding he won only 39% points (7/18) on his second serve. The Swiss fired 12 aces and he committed 2 double faults. The Swiss was pretty focused in converting 50% of the break points that he procured (5/10). On the other side, Gojowczyk was great in converting all the break points (1/1). Anyhow, that was not enough to win the match.
After this match, the head to head between Federer and Gojowczyk is 3-0 for Roger.
Highlights Roger Federer vs. Peter Gojowczyk Swiss Indoors Basel – Basel
Next Match: Roger Federer vs. Radu Albot or Dusan Lajovic – stats
Tennis Scores in Basel
- Henri LaaksonenLaaksonen – Benoit PairePaire (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Hugo DellienDellien (6-1 7-5) – See score progression
- Roger FedererFederer – Peter GojowczykGojowczyk (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Jan-Lennard StruffStruff – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Pablo CuevasCuevas – Stan WawrinkaWawrinka (1-0) – See H2H details
- Marius CopilCopil – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (0-2) – See H2H details
- Richard BerankisBerankis – Pablo AndujarAndujar (0-0) – See H2H details
- Radu AlbotAlbot – Dusan LajovicLajovic (0-0) – See H2H details
- David GoffinGoffin – Marin CilicCilic (3-3) – See H2H details
- Henri LaaksonenLaaksonen – Jan-Lennard StruffStruff (0-0) – See H2H details
- Juan Ignacio LonderoIgnacio Londero – Richard GasquetGasquet (2-0) – See H2H details
- Laslo DjereDjere – Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic (0-2) – See H2H details
- Christian GarinGarin – Reilly OpelkaOpelka (1-0) – See H2H details
- Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz – Alexander ZverevZverev (0-2) – See H2H details
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Daniel EvansEvans (0-1) – See H2H details
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas (1-0) – See H2H details
- Alexei PopyrinPopyrin – Fabio FogniniFognini (0-0) – See H2H details