Score, report, and key facts
The Swiss won the set after recovering 2 times from a break down. In fact, after conceding her serve in the 4th (1-3) and in the 12th (6-6) game. Belinda broke back in the 7th (3-4) and in the 11th (6-5) game before winning the set at the following tiebreak at 8.
Bencic failed to serve out the set when leading 6-5 to be broken at 15.
Bencic enjoyed quite a good start of the set after breaking Flipkens in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 5-0. Belinda extended her lead after breaking the Belgian in the 4th (4-0) game before conquering the set (6-1).
A crucial moment of the match was when Belinda won 5 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 5-0.
At the end of the match, the Swiss scored 76 points vs. Kirsten’s 57 points.
Belinda won this match even if she had some problems in converting her break points as she converted only 40% (4/10). On the other side, the Belgian didn’t lose the focus when converting 67% of the break points that she procured points (2/3). Nevertheless, that was not enough to win the encounter.
After this encounter, the head to head between Bencic and Flipkens is 3-1 for Belinda.
Highlights Belinda Bencic vs. Kirsten Flipkens Kremlin Cup – Moscow
Next Match: Belinda Bencic vs. Kristina Mladenovic – stats
Bencic will come up against Mladenovic in the semifinal.
The last time that they competed against each other, Mladenovic won 6-2 2-6 6-1 in the 2nd round in Rome back in May 2019.
Tennis Scores in Moscow
- Karolina MuchovaMuchova – Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Kiki BertensBertens (6-4 2-6 6-1) – See score progression
- Belinda BencicBencic – Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens (7-68 6-1) – See score progression
- Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (7-65 7-5) – See score progression
- Kirsten Flipkens/Bethanie Mattek-SandsFlipkens/Bethanie Mattek-Sands – Veronika Kudermetova/Katarina SrebotnikKudermetova/Katarina Srebotnik (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Timea Babos/Kristina MladenovicBabos/Kristina Mladenovic – Nadiya Kichenok/Raluca OlaruKichenok/Raluca Olaru (6-3 7-68) – See score progression